Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

THAI operates biz class on A320 with 'Euro-style' empty middle seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THAI operates biz class on A320 with 'Euro-style' empty middle seat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2024, 4:58 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by BinSabai
sorry I misread this!
that is extraordinary not to get a PDB in J ex BKK!

probably the A320 crews they took over from Thai Smile have not yet adjusted to the new service level....
Oh good point—does anyone here have insider info on how well integrated TG and ex-WE crews/pilots are now? Are TG cabin crew going to get type-rated on A320 and ex-WE eventually on the wide-bodies?
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I see some ‘spin’ on the A320 business class product - now referred to as ‘Silk Class A320’, and noted as distinct from ‘Royal Silk Class’… To be fair, plenty of information on the product…

BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 6:14 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I still really do not understand why they do not have a flexible size J cabin on the A320s, but rather fix it to three rows… That is the whole point of using the same seat across the cabin, European style
Old Jan 3, 2024, 1:09 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I still really do not understand why they do not have a flexible size J cabin on the A320s, but rather fix it to three rows… That is the whole point of using the same seat across the cabin, European style
indeed...i have seen anything on European carriers' A320 from 3 to 12 rows J...
Maybe TG's management is not aware and somebody should tell them....
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:20 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Exactly - although when BA happily operates with up to 14 rows of J on the A321, it does become a rather poor experience due to slow service...

BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Booking BKK - SGN for March and its now showing up as Economy Plus (not business or royal silk). Does it still come with lounge access?
Old Feb 8, 2024, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ekartash
Booking BKK - SGN for March and its now showing up as Economy Plus (not business or royal silk). Does it still come with lounge access?
Supposedly. The messaging has been a real mess as THAI try and sort this out.

Have a read of the THAI News thread where some official releases have been posted, including this one:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35965127-post1204.sehtml
Old Feb 9, 2024, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Wonder if it is an IT limitation? Not having the technology to dynamically adjust J/Y cabin size, seat assignments, etc.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:23 am

They have extended C on A320 to 5 rows sometimes. It's either 3 rows or 5. I haven't seen anything else.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by pandalama
They have extended C on A320 to 5 rows sometimes. It's either 3 rows or 5. I haven't seen anything else.
That is true, they did have a subset of the fleet with five fixed rows. But as you said, either three or five and not flexible.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Similar experience last week to Nazdoom 's post above. Fortunately, although I boarded last from the coach at KTM, there was plenty of overhead bin space available. It was a short flight so I didn't try to sleep, but it would not be very comfortable for a longer flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.