Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Card Extensions Beyond Dec 2021?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:28 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
amazingly my Platinum status has also been extended despite i did not fly much with TG since 2019 and came nowhere near the threshold during those years....
however I was Platinum for many years since they introduced this status
Old Jan 3, 2023, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Even better news for me, it seems I have a full 2 year period of Gold - I had anticipated just a single year.

And, unbelievably, also have 2 GUP1 available.

BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 6:15 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by phrasuthon
I can see on my account today I am also Base Member. I asked THAI before end of Nov to extend my GUPS but during that weak communication in Europe or any contacts via emails to THAI seems to be useless. Ive just gave up.
Happy I got new Gold in different Program.
@phrasuthon
They recently announced to extend all 2023 expiration to 2024, you should see it, please update us whether you got GUP back as well.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 6:23 am

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Even better news for me, it seems I have a full 2 year period of Gold - I had anticipated just a single year.

And, unbelievably, also have 2 GUP1 available.
It seems that those who had a few international flights with TG prior to system automatic extension in 2022 would likely earn a new 2-yr Gold status (and likely with 1-2 GUPs). My family members only had 3 domestic (Thai Smile) trips prior to automatic extension, and they only got one year extension. Note that my GPUs initially had one year validity (despite 2 yrs status), but after new year, both now show expiration matching the end of the 2-yrs status.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Last edited by kiam; Feb 8, 2023 at 6:23 am Reason: Removed photos
Old Oct 4, 2023, 2:38 am

Hi all,

I would like your help to post the number of days it recently takes for your Gold status to be extended as this impacts the new 12 months cycle + during this transition you cannot access *A lounges or get any Gold benefits.

I have the following references,

Myself: Oct 1, 2022 expiration, system did not renew until Oct 4 (3 calendar days). I was declined lounge access on my Oct 1 flight.
Family 1: Aug 3, 2023 expiration, system did not renew until Aug 9 (6 calendar days).
Family 2: Aug 5, 2023 expiration, system did not renew until Aug 11 (6 calendar days).
Both family members were declined lounge access on Aug 5 flight.

Would like to see if any improvement in Sept and Oct extension because a family friend's status will expire on Nov 18, and if it will take 6 days, this means she should not fly before Nov 24 or else flight credit wouldn't be counted towards the 12-month evaluation.

THANK YOU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.