Gold Card Extensions Beyond Dec 2021?

Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Noppasit
I have some outstanding GUPs left in my account and to my surprise, they are yet to expire this year. I hope I can use it to Europe someday when quarantine (on the way back) is no longer required for a fully vaccinated person.
were they extended? for how long?
I had to use a PUP before covid started as it was due to expire to upgrade a longhaul ticket Europe-BKK, which I had to extend two times, but I have to use now until end of this year
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by 11277m
Now all you need is THAI to start flying to AKL again, and for there to be no quarantine. Later this year I hope.
Yes that would be great, but I have my doubts
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: TG*G
Originally Posted by MQSYDAU
Thai has recently announced the extension for those whose will be last during 1Jan-31Dec2022.

Validity extension of membership tier status* :
- For Silver, Gold, and Platinum members whose status expired during 1 February 31 December 2020, validity of your tier status was specially extended for 2 years.

- For Platinum and Gold members whose status expire during 1 January 31 December 2021, validity of your tier status will be specially extended for 1 year to the year 2022 after the current expiry date.

- For Platinum and Gold members whose status will expire during 1 January 31 December 2022 and cannot meet normal criteria for card status retention, validity of your tier status will be specially extended for 1 year after the current expiry date, to the year 2023 (subject to personal card expiry date).

Members will be entitled benefits from membership tier status, i.e. extra baggage allowance, most priority services, and access to lounges operated by THAI, THAI Smile, and Star Alliance, with exception of the Threshold Bonus miles, Complimentary Upgrade, and the right of the year 2023 to redeem a reduced 50% award ticket on THAI (Platinum / Gold Award 2023).

Note: Although the Complimentary Upgrade and the Award 2023 do not include in this special Platinum / Gold card renewal, the unused Platinum / Gold Award 2021-2022 and the expired Complimentary Upgrade in 2021-2022 can be exceptionally requested until the year 2023, subject to the renewed card validity and personal remaining benefits.

Your membership tier status will be adjusted after the expiry date of the current one. This is an automatic process, no further action by members is required, so you do not need to contact us for extending validity of the membership tier status.

We hope the above measure can provide ample time for your plan to travel and use the benefits from your membership tier status. We look forward to having you on board THAI once again in the near future.

Validity extension of membership tier status (thaiairways.com)
Has anyone experienced problems with this procedure yet? My ROP Gold status expired two days ago and should have been extended under this policy, but all my digital status cards were downgraded. As I am due to fly this weekend, I am a bit nervous they won't correct this on time.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by morrissey_ohz
Has anyone experienced problems with this procedure yet? My ROP Gold status expired two days ago and should have been extended under this policy, but all my digital status cards were downgraded. As I am due to fly this weekend, I am a bit nervous they won't correct this on time.
I have not experienced it yet, but I'd definitely email them to ask in your case.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by morrissey_ohz
Yes, best to call/email. Although I understand the process is automated, how frequently the system checks might be the issue.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:52 pm

Programs: TG*G
I did send an e-mail and my status is now back to Gold for not just one, but two more years. Have not met the criteria to extend the status, but have flown a bit, so maybe this was taken into account? Anyway, I won't complain about it
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: THAI ROP
I have also some trouble regarding the extension of my gold status. Unfortunatly there is a broken link when I try to reach ROP service via email [email protected] (after sending you get a confirmation mail with a link inside, but this link does not work so nobody gets the email).

Does someone has the fax number of the ROP office in Bangkok? The one mentioned on their webside (end number 3333) is out fo use (you get this information when you call the fax number) :-(

Maybe someone of you could help?

Best regards from Germany
Norbert
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by npxphoto
I have also some trouble regarding the extension of my gold status. Unfortunatly there is a broken link when I try to reach ROP service via email [email protected] (after sending you get a confirmation mail with a link inside, but this link does not work so nobody gets the email).

Does someone has the fax number of the ROP office in Bangkok? The one mentioned on their webside (end number 3333) is out fo use (you get this information when you call the fax number) :-(

Maybe someone of you could help?

Best regards from Germany
Norbert
Maybe try [email protected], or just call the 24/7 line in Bangkok +662 356 1111. The local NZ THAI office has a free diversion to Bangkok, but Skype etc should also work for low cost.

Yes, I know these are general contact points, but I am not sure how well functioning the ROP office is these days.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Maybe try [email protected], or just call the 24/7 line in Bangkok +662 356 1111. The local NZ THAI office has a free diversion to Bangkok, but Skype etc should also work for low cost.
Yes, I know these are general contact points, but I am not sure how well functioning the ROP office is these days.
You might know that such things could be complicated with THAI :-) I already tried the 1111, but they could not help me as they told me that they have only a very limited access to the ROP data. I should try to get in connection with the ROP Team via email, but this did not work, so I thought fax might be an idea :-)

Best regards
Norbert
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:45 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Checked my account and was surprised to see two GUP in there. Both expire in Nov 2022 along with my Gold. So I guess I’m good through Nov 2023.

My plan pre-pandemic was to start earning with Asiana due to the TG devaluation. That didn’t work out so well.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:14 pm

I have 1 GUP and TG*G expiring in Dec 2022. I know the TG*G will be extended to Dec 2023, but I have asked THAI if the GUP will be extended as well.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:11 am

As quick update: I got a response using the email [email protected]
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by npxphoto
As quick update: I got a response using the email [email protected]
Many thanks for this news.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Checked my account and was surprised to see two GUP in there. Both expire in Nov 2022 along with my Gold. So I guess Im good through Nov 2023.
I was not aware one could see upgrade information in ones account info. I'm not expecting to have any, but would like to check anyway. Where is this info available?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by eqeqeqx
I was not aware one could see upgrade information in ones account info. I'm not expecting to have any, but would like to check anyway. Where is this info available?
Never mind, I found it. Listed under "Gold Award Eligibility" on the front page (https://www.thaiairways.com/app/rop/...d_eligibility/).
To my suprise, I also have one, valid till the start of August. Coincidentally a time I'm considering visiting Thailand again for the first time since Covid-19 started.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.