Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Are Auckland/London flights still starting in August

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Auckland/London flights still starting in August

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Does anyone have ny info about if or when Thai will start service to Auckland again?
Old Dec 26, 2022, 3:06 am

No, but there are many of us who wish they would, even if only two or three times a week.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingbiker
Does anyone have ny info about if or when Thai will start service to Auckland again?
The Bangkok post business section had an article recently that indirectly suggested that TG would introduce some new routes and ‘recover’ previous routes. But it was non-specific on which.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Fingers crossed that Auckland is included - it would be a welcome addition.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyingbiker
I called yesterday to cancel two award flights BKK-SIN and SIN-BKK as I can’t use them by 31 Dec.

I asked if there were any plans to re-commence BKK-AKL, and the CSA said no plans. Of course she may not be deeply informed on company intent.

Looking at plans for next year to try and use my GUP from NZ, things look very awkward. Sigh…..
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 1:46 am

I asked about resuming the AKL flights while onboard either BKK-MEL or MEL-BKK a few weeks ago. The crew said they thought TG would start again but were waiting for more aircraft to be delivered.

I thought it best not to mention the large number of spare aircraft cluttering up BKK right now.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 11277m
I asked about resuming the AKL flights while onboard either BKK-MEL or MEL-BKK a few weeks ago. The crew said they thought TG would start again but were waiting for more aircraft to be delivered.

I thought it best not to mention the large number of spare aircraft cluttering up BKK right now.
Clearly a diplomat, or one in training

I note BKK-MEL is 2x daily, and BKK-SYD is 1x daily. I wonder what the impact on airframe scheduling would be to have one of the MEL flights do a run to AKL and back 3-4 times a week. Yes, there is an additional crew needed to position at MEL, and maybe that is the limiting factor.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I note BKK-MEL is 2x daily, and BKK-SYD is 1x daily. I wonder what the impact on airframe scheduling would be to have one of the MEL flights do a run to AKL and back 3-4 times a week. Yes, there is an additional crew needed to position at MEL, and maybe that is the limiting factor.
I sometimes wonder why MEL has two flights a day, but SYD only one. ✈️
Old Aug 12, 2023, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I sometimes wonder why MEL has two flights a day, but SYD only one. ✈️
Have not checked the schedules, but
  • SYD has a 23:00/05:00~06:00 curfew. MEL does not.
  • Landing slots harder to get at SYD. Is a politicly driven limit on landings/take off per hour at SYD.
Thai-Kiwi and restlessinRNO like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.