Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Are Auckland/London flights still starting in August

Old Jul 7, 2020, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Hi Does anybody know if Thai are actually planning to start Auckland and London in August? Flights are on sale but I'm a bit weary they will actually take off as they were pushed back from July. Refunds seem hard to get so I only want to book if there's a pretty good chance the flights will take off.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bevan7
Hi Does anybody know if Thai are actually planning to start Auckland and London in August? Flights are on sale but I'm a bit weary they will actually take off as they were pushed back from July. Refunds seem hard to get so I only want to book if there's a pretty good chance the flights will take off.
Wanting to fly to or from AKL?
NZ entry is restricted to NZ citizens, NZ permanent residents and limited others, with prior government permission. Expect to be that way for rest of 2020 calendar year, at least. Some people are still leaving NZ.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking to fly out of New Zealand back to London. I want to avoid the quarantine in London so a flight through Thailand would be preferable
Old Jul 7, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by bevan7
I'm looking to fly out of New Zealand back to London. I want to avoid the quarantine in London so a flight through Thailand would be preferable
Does Thailand currently even allow transit passengers?
Old Jul 8, 2020, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
TG are supposed to recommence AKL-BKK early Aug.

I have a work colleague flying to LHR via SQ. They need to get to UK.

For SQ, they are apparently saying schedule remains flexible due to demand, borders constraints etc etc.

So who knows if TG will fly, and if so, what the schedule will actually look like ...
Old Jul 9, 2020, 4:28 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Not likely to happen given the lates route filings. All upstart delayed until September, with AKL resuming (for now) with 3 weekly from 2 September.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...n-to-sep-2020/
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Not likely to happen given the lates route filings. All upstart delayed until September, with AKL resuming (for now) with 3 weekly from 2 September.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...n-to-sep-2020/
Thanks for that. Looks like I'll be looking a way. With the limit of passengers into NZ it makes sense not to fly there for any airline looking to make a profit
Old Jul 10, 2020, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
For those not aware, the NZ Government has made moves to limit inflows of returning NZ citizens and permanent residents- including asking airlines not to sell seats for 3 weeks until a system is in place to ensure that anyone travelling to NZ has a confirmed room in an isolation facility.

limjts in passenger inflows to NZ obviously will impact the viability of some sectors due poor load factor.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
For those not aware, the NZ Government has made moves to limit inflows of returning NZ citizens and permanent residents- including asking airlines not to sell seats for 3 weeks until a system is in place to ensure that anyone travelling to NZ has a confirmed room in an isolation facility.

limits in passenger inflows to NZ obviously will impact the viability of some sectors due poor load factor.
And Australia is doing the same thing: limiting arrivals per week.. Many people going to/from NZ transit AU.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jul 11, 2020 at 3:44 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 17, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_GB/ne.../covid_19.page
Old Jul 17, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Looks like another month or two;
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_GB/ne.../covid_19.page
Old Jul 21, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
SPECIAL FLIGHT BANGKOK TO LONDON

Flight TG916 only.

Sale: 21 July - 23 August 2020

Travel on 9 / 16 / 23 August 2020.

THAI in-flight services may need to be temporarily altered to comply with health restrictions.

For internet booking, flight can be changed at Manage my booking.

For Existing ticket or Travel voucher please contact THAI Contact Center +66 (0) 2-356-1111.

Please note that if you booked your original ticket through a travel agent, you must contact your travel agent for assistance with rebooking.

Passenger must fill the public health passenger locator form click here and self-isolate 14 days when arrives in the UK.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Interesting that they are offering those three flights that can be regarded as repatriation flights, as TG is not supposed to fly.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 8:57 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brunos
Interesting that they are offering those three flights that can be regarded as repatriation flights, as TG is not supposed to fly.
Interesting as PAX services indeed! They have been operating a few flights over the past week or so though, but as cargo only. CPH for instance has seen a A359 operating for cargo only on 19 July, and another one scheduled on 26 July.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:37 am

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Interesting as PAX services indeed! They have been operating a few flights over the past week or so though, but as cargo only. CPH for instance has seen a A359 operating for cargo only on 19 July, and another one scheduled on 26 July.
For the past couple months, TG operated the flights out of BKK to Europe as cargo flights (some flights as repatriation flights to bring European home) and returned to BKK as repatriation flights for bringing Thais home.

Last edited by joy16; Jul 24, 2020 at 4:45 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.