Wiki Posts
Search

Contacting Thai Airways

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2020, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Contacting Thai Airways

Dear All,

I have recently flown from Phuket to Bangkok and Bangkok to London on Thai Airways flights.

The flights were both booked over the phone by my Hotel Concierge in Phuket with the local Thai Airways office in Phuket.

I wish to contact the Thai Airways office in Phuket or Thai Airways office (elsewhere) as I have a question about the Bangkok to London flight.

I would be very grateful indeed on any advice on how to do this as I cannot seem to identify an email address for the Phuket office. I have tried the [email protected] email address but receive a response advising that they are effectively shut until 31 May.

One of the questions I wish to ask Thai Airways is whether they are willing to confirm if the Economy Class cabin on the Bangkok to London flight was full or not.

Many thanks

MV Owner
Old Apr 14, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Originally Posted by MV Owner
Dear All,

I have recently flown from Phuket to Bangkok and Bangkok to London on Thai Airways flights.

The flights were both booked over the phone by my Hotel Concierge in Phuket with the local Thai Airways office in Phuket.

I wish to contact the Thai Airways office in Phuket or Thai Airways office (elsewhere) as I have a question about the Bangkok to London flight.

I would be very grateful indeed on any advice on how to do this as I cannot seem to identify an email address for the Phuket office. I have tried the [email protected] email address but receive a response advising that they are effectively shut until 31 May.

One of the questions I wish to ask Thai Airways is whether they are willing to confirm if the Economy Class cabin on the Bangkok to London flight was full or not.

Many thanks

MV Owner
If the hotel booked it then ask the hotel who they contacted...hopefully that will give an answer.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ahopkins767
If the hotel booked it then ask the hotel who they contacted...hopefully that will give an answer.
Thanks A Hopkins, The hotel booked it with the Thai Airways Phuket office who I am trying to contact but I cannot find an email address. I'm waiting on the hotel to see if they have details
Old Apr 14, 2020, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Dear All,

Many thanks

MV Owner
I think commercially sensitive information such as the load in economy is unlikely to be provided officially - even in normal circumstances.

I’m curious why this is of interest? I’m just being nosey LOL....
Old Apr 14, 2020, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

I had to book Royal Silk seats as at the time of booking the Economy Class cabin was unfortunately full and my Travel Insurance Company may want some confirmation that the Economy Class cabin was full. I was hoping Thai Airways may confirm that Economy Class cabin was in fact full
Old Apr 14, 2020, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I had to book Royal Silk seats as at the time of booking the Economy Class cabin was unfortunately full and my Travel Insurance Company may want some confirmation that the Economy Class cabin was full. I was hoping Thai Airways may confirm that Economy Class cabin was in fact full
OK. I have had that situation in past. I took screen shots at the time of booking to show no economy availability, and the availability/cost of business/PE specifically to prove to the travel insurer that economy was not available.

Hopefully TG can assist.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for your help.

The booking was made by my hotel concierge over the phone so no screenshots available. I am hoping Thai can help but I did take a photo of the econmy class cabin (no faces shown for privacy) so that may help if indeed it is required
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Thai won’t give you this confirmation. And a local sales office in Phuket is not the place to go looking for it. I suggest you let your insurance company deal with it if they need this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks London, I doubt Thai will confirm it but I am considering trying. I dont trust the insurance company to try to find this information especially as it is not in their interests to!
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:33 am
Suspended

Your insurance company would have to produce evidence that you could have bought an economy ticket but didn’t.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks London thats good to hear, although I would have thought that responsibility would rest with me but I am happy to be wrong
Old Apr 15, 2020, 3:00 am
Suspended

You tell them you had to buy a business ticket because there was no economy ticket available to purchase when you attempted to do so. They might ask if you have it in writing or a screenshot. You say that the booking was made over the phone, and that you were told economy is sold out, the cheapest available is so and so, and went ahead and booked it. Invite the insurance company to confirm this for themselves. They won’t do it because to prove that is next to impossible. They would need to know the time when you booked your ticket so that they can query with TG what availability was at that point. TG has better things to do and likely won’t do anything. Furthermore, all of this is moot as availability could have changed five minutes after your booking to allow economy to open up again.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
You tell them you had to buy a business ticket because there was no economy ticket available to purchase when you attempted to do so. They might ask if you have it in writing or a screenshot. You say that the booking was made over the phone, and that you were told economy is sold out, the cheapest available is so and so, and went ahead and booked it. Invite the insurance company to confirm this for themselves. They won’t do it because to prove that is next to impossible. They would need to know the time when you booked your ticket so that they can query with TG what availability was at that point. TG has better things to do and likely won’t do anything. Furthermore, all of this is moot as availability could have changed five minutes after your booking to allow economy to open up again.
Many thanks London, In all honesty my travel insurance company haven't yet asked me to justify the flight in business class and not economy. I was trying to get some background information should they require it. Thanks awfully for your help
Old Apr 16, 2020, 3:21 am
Suspended

Good luck, if your insurance is any good, they won't query it as it is pretty clear that repatriation/emergency flights will have been very full these days.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Many thanks London

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.