Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contacting Thai Airways

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2020, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andyptrav
I doubt very much economy was full, I considered booking the very last TG BKK - LHR flight and this was far from full in all classes.
Why did you not take a walk through economy during the flight?
Maybe the Hotel rep called an agent, A lot more commission to split on a business class seat. Check who your credit card payment was in favour of.

In any event I very much doubt your insurance company will pay when other airlines were available e.g. EVA and Qatar, both still flying.
My Insurance Company have paid out including business class seats
Old Apr 27, 2020, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MV Owner

Excellent result!
Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I concur with LondonElite ! Great outcome, and thanks for posting.

I received an email from the THAI office in Auckland following more than 2 weeks of 'silence'. The email just acknowledged my emails, and asked for my patience. It was noted that they are down 2 staff - I believe probably only 4-5 worked there, so the process could be quite a wait.

My flights were April 2-18, but I moved them to Oct (following the move of the Singapore 7s rugby), but now I have decided to bin the trip this year and get a full refund per the T&Cs of my Q class fare (less a USD60 fee). Pity as it wastes my GUP2, but 2021 is another year and I've already requalified for Gold.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 11:25 pm

Programs: TG Plat
Well done, you clearly have a very good policy, especially compared to mine, if you are UK based would you mind advising the name of the company.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by andyptrav
Well done, you clearly have a very good policy, especially compared to mine, if you are UK based would you mind advising the name of the company.
I agree, good company, but I suspect (and you probably know this) that the fact this was booked (and insurance secured) prior to the crisis, made all the difference. taking out a new policy with this same provider will likely yield different results.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I concur with LondonElite ! Great outcome, and thanks for posting.

I received an email from the THAI office in Auckland following more than 2 weeks of 'silence'. The email just acknowledged my emails, and asked for my patience. It was noted that they are down 2 staff - I believe probably only 4-5 worked there, so the process could be quite a wait.

My flights were April 2-18, but I moved them to Oct (following the move of the Singapore 7s rugby), but now I have decided to bin the trip this year and get a full refund per the T&Cs of my Q class fare (less a USD60 fee). Pity as it wastes my GUP2, but 2021 is another year and I've already requalified for Gold.

Is there anything useful for you in the following in case you have not seen it?

https://www.thaiairways.com/sites/en...oCovid-19.page
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by maerim
Is there anything useful for you in the following in case you have not seen it?

https://www.thaiairways.com/sites/en...oCovid-19.page
Thanks, yes seen this page. I moved my flights in Feb due to a rescheduling of a sports event in Singapore from April to October - this is at the core of my travel.

So everything was moved quite some time ago, with a 'change fee' needed of around USD200. I'm separately attempting to claim that from my travel insurance company. I could have cancelled everything at that time, but the situation in early Feb was quite uncertain - such is life.

What I am now interested in is THAI's policy for refundable tickets. I am not interested in a travel voucher, and I have a FLEXI Q fare which is fully refundable less USD60 Fee. Actually, since THAI has reduced frequency to New Zealand from daily to 3x weekly, their proposed adjusted flights in Oct don't suit my travel, so usually on that basis the cancellation fee should be waived. I am working with the local THAI office in Auckland, so it will be interesting to see what their response is.

Do any posters here have inexperience in getting a full refund based on the holding a FLEXI ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.