Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
where the bad news will first hit us from: https://www.routesonline.com/news/tagged/6661/thai-airways-international/
Print Wikipost

TG Bangkok <=> Sydney End of 747 Service?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by 5khours
I haven't read a single post in this thread, but I'm amazed that such a mundane and trivial topic has 100+ responses.
There is a whole universe dedicated to similar topics.
How did you end up on this thread?
Booking an F award, only to be downgraded due to a swap, with no recourse for alternative flights in F is a BIG deal.
If you have experienced a downgrade even once, you would know why this thread exists.
if you haven't, then you are quite lucky.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Frankly the TG Sydney saga seems a replay of the TG Melbourne saga a couple of years ago. We won't know until the new aircraft start showing up in schedules, and even then ...
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by RTWFF
Frankly the TG Sydney saga seems a replay of the TG Melbourne saga a couple of years ago. We won't know until the new aircraft start showing up in schedules, and even then ...

But MEL was an announced change in aircraft. SYD 747 reductions are only rumours - nothing has been announced by TG AKAIK?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by flyerby
On to the topic, what’s your take on the matter of this thread?
From the perspective of someone with 100+ Rimowa toilet kits in their closet, I much preferred F in the 77Ws that TG leased from Jet Airways. Also this morning, I saw a new double height jet bridge in HND so I'm wondering if TG is going to replace the HND 747 with an A380. Might mean you slugs down in Aussieland get to keep the 747 a bit longer.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 5khours
From the perspective of someone with 100+ Rimowa toilet kits in their closet, I much preferred F in the 77Ws that TG leased from Jet Airways. Also this morning, I saw a new double height jet bridge in HND so I'm wondering if TG is going to replace the HND 747 with an A380. Might mean you slugs down in Aussieland get to keep the 747 a bit longer.
The double level boarding gates have been around in Haneda for quite a while The problem is that due to the wake turbulence of the A380 it is only allowed for late night flights. I think only operations after 11pm.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The double level boarding gates have been around in Haneda for quite a while The problem is that due to the wake turbulence of the A380 it is only allowed for late night flights. I think only operations after 11pm.
strange, I have never seen a A380 in Haneda...while Narita sees plenty
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
But MEL was an announced change in aircraft. SYD 747 reductions are only rumours - nothing has been announced by TG AKAIK?
https://blueswandaily.com/thai-airwa...ice-in-1h2018/ Not quite official - an intention announced by a TG official but better than a rumour
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by RTWFF
https://blueswandaily.com/thai-airwa...ice-in-1h2018/ Not quite official - an intention announced by a TG official but better than a rumour
Fair enough! I must have forgotten about that.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BinSabai
strange, I have never seen a A380 in Haneda...while Narita sees plenty
Neither have I. The allowed hours seem to restrictive for the airlines. But the international terminal is ready to handle them.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
True, it does not come cheap .
I beg to disagree, its true some hotels charge high rates but the skiing I incredible value considering the snow quality, and lack of crowds.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:40 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Since we are talking this particular routing, has anyone flown SYD-BKK recently and have a photo of the on-board menu?

Usually I pre order (Lobster) but nothing really appeals to me this time around.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
I beg to disagree, its true some hotels charge high rates but the skiing I incredible value considering the snow quality, and lack of crowds.
snow and skiing? Are you in the correct thread?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
yeah, there was some noise about Thai flying 747s to Hokkaido which kicked off a convo about quality of the skiing up there
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
yeah, there was some noise about Thai flying 747s to Hokkaido which kicked off a convo about quality of the skiing up there
during summer season hahaha
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Since we are talking this particular routing, has anyone flown SYD-BKK recently and have a photo of the on-board menu?

Usually I pre order (Lobster) but nothing really appeals to me this time around.

Pre order the Lobster anyway & have it for the pre landing meal, which is always dire.

Then chose from the onboard menu for the main meal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.