Wiki Posts
Search

TG Smile move to DMK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I'm on that flight at the end of this month, it's definitely TG mainline, along with the last flight (don't know about March though). It's the middle of the day flight that is WE. I'm returning on that one on sept. 1 - leaves KBV at 13:05. Unfortunately, with a ~4 and half hour layover at BKK, it's the latest flight I can take to connect to BOM. Hope it doesn't bring me to DMK, but even if so, I presume at least the 4+ hours would be enough time to make the transfer.
[KVS Availability Tool 7.3.9 - Reference: Minimum Connection Time [MCT]: DMK/TG-TG]
Code:
                                               DD  DI  ID  II   
STANDARD:         DMK                          075 060 060 060  
TG-TG ONLINE      DMK                          030 --- --- ---  

EXCEPTIONS:                                                     
A/L                 DEPARR                                      

TG                     DMK                     --- 210 --- ---  
TG                  BKK                                         

-ALL-                  DMK                     --- 210 --- ---  
TG                  BKK
Barely.

There's a bus plying the route between the two airports which, IIRC, requires a BP or itin to board. Don't know how often it runs or if there's a charge associated with it.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by dsquared37
[B][COLOR=blue]

Barely.

There's a bus plying the route between the two airports which, IIRC, requires a BP or itin to board. Don't know how often it runs or if there's a charge associated with it.
It runs every hour (every 30 mins in the busy time) and free of charge.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by joy16
It runs every hour (every 30 mins in the busy time) and free of charge.
maybe you will have to pay approximately 500 Baht for a taxi which brings you within approx 45 min from one airport to the other (if lucky)
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: TG Gold
Some news

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...e-shift-halted
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Magnus
TG is truly amazing.
They only realize now how destructive the move to DMK is for transfer pax, the main body of international TG pax.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:20 am
hco
Original Poster

Programs: SAS *G
TG Smile move to DMK

Amazing cannot even begin to describe!

Alright, let's get the morning flight to KKC back to BKK please.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by travelislife
Okay I am going to throw a prediction out there. If this move does go ahead (at amazing short notice!) I predict that either Thai Smile will transfer all flights back to BKK in 18-24 months due to it 'not being good for our connecting international premium customers' or Nok Air merging in to Thai Smile and it staying at DMK as a stand alone airline.

I would love a read of their strategy documents (if they even exist!) the last guys idea was to use premium rice in there food, now it is to offer premium service (where they lag massively behind other carriers on premium routes such as BKK-LHR). The image they put out to the market is one of no idea. SQ and CX must have a good chuckle to themselves at times.
Wham bam, thank you man! Didn't even take the 12 months I predicted! What was that, 2 months? Haha, this airline is turning in to a joke. Which is quite sad as I really do like/love them if they could get a clear direction in orde.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Wow. Its AMAZING THAILAND. is there a more disorganised airline on earth?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
Wow. Its AMAZING THAILAND. is there a more disorganised airline on earth?
Yes so disorganized that they offer good consistent service in all classes, fly pretty much on time, have a good hard product in general, a very good premium product, and a convenient easy to use hub at BKK. I'll take disorganized and good over organized and bad.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 5khours
Yes so disorganized that they offer good consistent service in all classes, fly pretty much on time, have a good hard product in general, a very good premium product, and a convenient easy to use hub at BKK. I'll take disorganized and good over organized and bad.
^
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Is that a joke?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by brunos
Is that a joke?
Why would it be a joke?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
Let's keep in mind that the origin of the idea of moving THAI Smile over to Don Muang appeared to come from leadership at THAI that was connected with the new military government. Those at THAI in leadership positions with more of an airline background may not have been in a position to object at the time.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Yes so disorganized that they offer good consistent service in all classes seriously? Have you seen business class on a 747 on the 'premium' London route vs their premium economy product to Scandinavia?, fly pretty much on time Okay yes, this they do generally get right, have a good hard product in general Did have - now lag the competition, had one of the best economy class products in the world, strees had, a very good premium product Compared to who? SQ, EK, CX I don't think they stand up, and a convenient easy to use hub at BKK Again, compared to who, BKK is the pits with crappy J class lounges. I'll take disorganized and good over organized and bad.
Don't get me wrong, I love Thai, but I think you have to look at what the other carriers are offering and Thai is dropping further and further behind unless they can update there whole product offering and not just piecemeal by certain routes.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Why would it be a joke?
Because its utter rubbish. Read airlineroute.net to see just how chaotic it is at TG. They are still stuffing around with the schedule for winter that starts in 3 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.