Wiki Posts
Search

TG Smile move to DMK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
ฺBaby Steps

Now TG has DMK in their searches but once chosen the only options for destinations are CEI, KBV, HDY, URT, UBP, UTH.

One would think the announcement would be made when the IT team was ready to handle it.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 12:03 am

Also Khon Kaen moves to DMK 01 September

http://airlineroute.net/2014/08/02/we-dmk-sep14/
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by kkdenmark
Also Khon Kaen moves to DMK 01 September

http://airlineroute.net/2014/08/02/we-dmk-sep14/
Should be effective 08AUG14. The post has been corrected.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:08 pm
hco
Original Poster

Programs: SAS *G
Taking the last TG Smile early morning flight from BKK to KKC before the move to DMK on Friday.

Will commemorate with some jook in the domestic lounge.

http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?file=n5nha16d4j3l8ljvo1rb.jpg

(Edit typo)

Last edited by hco; Aug 5, 2014 at 10:57 pm
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hco
Taking the last TG Smile early morning flight from BKK before the move to DMK on Friday.

http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?...3l8ljvo1rb.jpg
My understanding is that this move only comprised (certain) flights to KKC, HKT and CNX. The remainder of flights would move by the end of Oct.

Has this been changed?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:55 pm
hco
Original Poster

Programs: SAS *G
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Originally Posted by hco
Taking the last TG Smile early morning flight from BKK before the move to DMK on Friday.

http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?...3l8ljvo1rb.jpg
My understanding is that this move only comprised (certain) flights to KKC, HKT and CNX. The remainder of flights would move by the end of Oct.

Has this been changed?
My typo. Meant last TG Smile to KKC!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by hco
My typo. Meant last TG Smile to KKC!
so far for the moments they have changed/swapped the flights only until end of October / end of Summer schedule period but still maintain their "old" flight schedule to Suvarnabhumi during winter timetable period.
But in the news articles it has repeatedly been said they will move all operations to Don Mueang by the end of October.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
so far for the moments they have changed/swapped the flights only until end of October / end of Summer schedule period but still maintain their "old" flight schedule to Suvarnabhumi during winter timetable period.
But in the news articles it has repeatedly been said they will move all operations to Don Mueang by the end of October.
IIRC, there was mention of moving the TG systemwide network to DMK around Oct 26. Does this coincide with the beginning of winter schedule?

I believe thats also the date that TG mainline re-takes over the PNH route from TG so there's got to be a connection there.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
what... a ... joke
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
I don't think they have updated even their mainline schedule beyond the end of October at this stage. I.e I am sure some of the aircraft designations are going to change on my upcoming bookings and times as well most likely! Thai is notorious for being pretty late on this stuff.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Was just about to book a HKG-BKK-KBV rt flight when I read this thread.

Would I be relatively okay if I choose the mainline TG flights as opposed to the mixed TG/TG Smile itineraries, or do you regular TG fliers foresee all KBV bound flights to move over to TG Smile?

I'm looking at early or mid-March 2015, if that helps.

Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by yqtyyz

Would I be relatively okay if I choose the mainline TG flights as opposed to the mixed TG/TG Smile itineraries, or do you regular TG fliers foresee all KBV bound flights to move over to TG Smile?

Thanks!
The plan is only to move Thai Smile flights so if you stay away from flights with TG2xxx numbers you will be ok (for now). At some time the numbers TG2000 to TG2999 is goingt to swich to TG1000 to TG1999 for the Thai Smile flights. In the system is still TG2xxx numbers now.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold

Thanks!
I think that the only mainline TG flight to KBV is scheduled to leave at 8am. No way you can connect from HKG unless you spend a night in BKK.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer

Thanks!
There are two "mainline" flights everyday which will then operate to/from Suvarnabhumi: TG241 at 8am and at 5.55pm TG249.
The other three flights may be subject to move to/from DMK.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
I think that the only mainline TG flight to KBV is scheduled to leave at 8am. No way you can connect from HKG unless you spend a night in BKK.
I'm on that flight at the end of this month, it's definitely TG mainline, along with the last flight (don't know about March though). It's the middle of the day flight that is WE. I'm returning on that one on sept. 1 - leaves KBV at 13:05. Unfortunately, with a ~4 and half hour layover at BKK, it's the latest flight I can take to connect to BOM. Hope it doesn't bring me to DMK, but even if so, I presume at least the 4+ hours would be enough time to make the transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.