Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai 787

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rankourabu
So is it safe to assume that these will be non-flat regional seats in J.
The report is it will be the new TG staggered lie-flat business class, like the 773 or 380. thai-airways-boeing-787-debut-bangkok-perth-in-july-tokyo-in-august

It would make zero sense for TG to outfit this long-haul aircraft with a regional product.

Originally Posted by yerffej201
in 99.99% of cases f > j
I might take TG new C over old F. It's an awfully nice product, especially the way they've done it on the 380. But only if there was no impact on my ability to use the F lounge in BKK!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by rankourabu
So is it safe to assume that these will be non-flat regional seats in J.

I can change to this flight from SQ PER-SIN - but would it be worth it?

[KVS Availability Tool 7.3.3/Diamond - Seat Map: 21 Jul 2014/TG 484/PER-BKK/787/C-Business]
Code:
     A   B   |   E   F   |   J   K    
11   +   +       -   +       +   +    
12   +   +       -   +       +   +    
14   +   +       -   +       +   +    
15   +   +       +   +       +   +    

[+] Available     [W] Wing       [L] Lavatory  
[-] Unavailable   [E] Exit Row   [U] Upper Deck
[P] Preferred     [|] Aisle
If the seat map is correct then that would be a fair assumption as the staggered layout would be 4 per row maximum.

While you refer to them as 'regional' TG is sending these seats to major European cities like LHR and across the Pacific to LAX - they clearly consider them long haul.

Hopefully the seat map is incorrect.

There would be a precedent for fitting a substandard product in a new aircraft though. TG refurbed their 747s with the same old angled flat J seat...and even LH put a crap J product in the A380. If the staggered seat is not certified for the 787 TG might just have done the same thing again.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
While you refer to them as 'regional' TG is sending these seats to major European cities like LHR and across the Pacific to LAX - they clearly consider them long haul.
Right, I didnt particularly enjoy those seats from AKL either .... Will stick with SQ for now.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
If the seat map is correct then that would be a fair assumption as the staggered layout would be 4 per row maximum.

There would be a precedent for fitting a substandard product in a new aircraft though. TG refurbed their 747s with the same old angled flat J seat...and even LH put a crap J product in the A380. If the staggered seat is not certified for the 787 TG might just have done the same thing again.
I was able to select my seats on the Thai website and it indeed is 2x2x2. I'm under the assumption that it will be the new biz class a la 777 long haul. I hope so. I'll swap to a F flight if I can find a suitable A380 or New F 747, otherwise I'll take the 787!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite

It is certified. TG's A380 seat is the Sogerma Solstys, the same seat NH uses on their longhaul 788... and the same seat EK uses on their A380...

That being said, NH flies a shorthaul 788 C seat too...

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 1, 2014 at 9:13 pm
Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It is certified. TG's A380 seat is the Sogerma Solstys, the same seat NH uses on their longhaul 788... and the same seat EK uses on their A380...

That being said, NH flies a shorthaul 788 C seat too...
nh's j seats are slightly different the the typical staggered married/divorced coupld center seats, as all of the ana middle seats are "divorced" couple, to my knowledge.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:29 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by yerffej201
nh's j seats are slightly different the the typical staggered married/divorced coupld center seats, as all of the ana middle seats are "divorced" couple, to my knowledge.
correct, Thai set-up is like OZ, whereas with NH every seat is a single seat
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by soy
correct, Thai set-up is like OZ, whereas with NH every seat is a single seat
So are we saying that, despite the six abreast seat map it will be 4 abreast?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: TG Platinum, SQ Gold, Gold - you're indestructable...
Originally Posted by exmike
So are we saying that, despite the six abreast seat map it will be 4 abreast?

I believe it will be 2-2-2 with a new seat for the 787. Horizontal lie flat. The seat was on display at TG HQ for some months, some months ago.

Of course, this could all change.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:31 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
I heard that it's going to be full flat seats but arranged in 2-2-2 pairs. The seat model is the same as on United's ex-Continental 777s.

So, it's a compromise. The seat will be flat but the passenger on window seat must step over another passenger to access the aisle. This allows THAI to put 24 full flat seats into zone A whereas the Solstys staggered seats will occupy more space and only 18 seats can be fitted in the same space.

BE Aerospace Diamond(tm) seat

The seat is manufactured by BE Aerospace

http://www.beaerospace.com/products/...ness_class.htm

Last edited by spk; Mar 4, 2014 at 10:22 am
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by spk
I heard that it's going to be full flat seats but arranged in 2-2-2 pairs. The seat model is the same as on United's ex-Continental 777s.

So, it's a compromise. The seat will be flat but the passenger on window seat must step over another passenger to access the aisle. This allows THAI to put 24 full flat seats into zone A whereas the Solstys staggered seats will occupy more space and only 18 seats can be fitted in the same space.

Yes, that's it! Identical to what was on display. Different colours though (clearly)... Thanks. I was struggling to remember where I'd seen it before.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by aislealways
Yes, that's it! Identical to what was on display. Different colours though (clearly)... Thanks. I was struggling to remember where I'd seen it before.
It's also on Air China's 77W and various other carriers I think.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by spk

Better than a regional biz I suppose but a step below other long haul biz seats. Guess I'll try to switch to old F 747
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:08 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
Better than a regional biz I suppose but a step below other long haul biz seats. Guess I'll try to switch to old F 747
I can understand TG. This is the only full flat seat that can fit into the same space as the old angled lie flat seat. For TG which has lower premium traffic, it makes more economic sense.

In terms of comfort, this seat is not bad at all. In bed mode, it's quite comfortable.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:01 pm

This is a a business class seat, so you'd upgrade to F on 744 rather than take this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.