Wiki Posts
Search

A380 Economy Seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
that will likely remain wishful thinking! I have not experienced many oversold TG flights
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: TG Plat
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I checked Sunday flights out of London and they seem to be all zeroed out.
I do LHR - BKK up to 10 times a year and will be very surprised if this flight is more than 2/3 full. May is the lowest of the low season. You will be in good seats but you will see others lying across 3 or 4 seats.

Even if it was full your chance of an op-up is very unlikely, you will be in the queue behind ROP Gold and monks. There used to be a few op-ups when the A340 flew this route, 100 less economy than a 747 but 20 more business.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by andyptrav
Even if it was full your chance of an op-up is very unlikely, you will be in the queue behind ROP Gold and monks. There used to be a few op-ups when the A340 flew this route, 100 less economy than a 747 but 20 more business.
the queue goes like this:
monks
TIP's
ROP Plat
ROP Gold
*A Gold
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the queue goes like this:
monks
TIP's
ROP Plat
ROP Gold
*A Gold
I am bald, so maybe will be mistaken for a Gold Monk?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I am bald, so maybe will be mistaken for a Gold Monk?
maybe, but for sure you will not be mistaken for a TIP because you don't tip the ground staff!
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

maybe, but for sure you will not be mistaken for a TIP because you don't tip the ground staff!
LOL, you are hilarious!!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:22 am
Gus

Although about 18 months since the last post, this thread has been very helpful for me.
I will be going LHR-BKK and return in October/November and I was really pleased to see about the seats/fare paid ratio.
I was looking at TG917 on 30th Oct and the cheapest fare class shows 70 seats available, yet when I go to the next class, 185 seats are showing available.
I guess a lot of passengers who have not booked a seat have some of these 185, but it shows me that the flight is not too full at the moment.

I always did wonder why the upstairs economy section on TG910 and 911 never showed any available seats on the cheapest tickets.
Just one thing, is it possible one pays for a higher fare ticket and books a seat upstairs then on flight day they decide not to open up top and you get put in a poor seat on the main deck.
TIA and any hints and tips most welcome
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gus
Although about 18 months since the last post, this thread has been very helpful for me.
I will be going LHR-BKK and return in October/November and I was really pleased to see about the seats/fare paid ratio.
I was looking at TG917 on 30th Oct and the cheapest fare class shows 70 seats available, yet when I go to the next class, 185 seats are showing available.
I guess a lot of passengers who have not booked a seat have some of these 185, but it shows me that the flight is not too full at the moment.

I always did wonder why the upstairs economy section on TG910 and 911 never showed any available seats on the cheapest tickets.
Just one thing, is it possible one pays for a higher fare ticket and books a seat upstairs then on flight day they decide not to open up top and you get put in a poor seat on the main deck.
TIA and any hints and tips most welcome

The upper seats are available for certain economy fares, if I recall we booked Q class and the upstairs seat menu opened up.
Gus likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:03 pm
Gus

Yes, I got the upstairs section seat availability to open up on the second cheapest ticket fare, I guess if I can see several other seats occupied there is a good chance that the upstairs section of economy will be open.
I am thinking about going LHR-BKK on the A350 and return on the A380, but time will tell.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: BRK-B
I was on award ticket in which all seat are opening up. TBH some of the LHR flights in SEP can be empty that I took 31ABC 32ABC (not joking).
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Noppasit
I was on award ticket in which all seat are opening up. TBH some of the LHR flights in SEP can be empty that I took 31ABC 32ABC (not joking).
wow, so generous...and you always lament about TG!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.