Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 Economy Seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Cameron38
If you book your flight on the Thai Website, you can indeed pick your seats. Pretty much the same for most airlines now days.
Hm strange that I could not pick any seats at the website when travelling F on a US DM award. However I just emailed their office here in Norway and they fixed seats for me.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold

You can only pick them during the booking process on Thais website. But as you have found out, emailing your local office with seat requests usually works out.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai
I think the website seat selection is not operating right now for some reason. I am not able to change some seat assignments I have for an upcoming flight. I will have to call too.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Cameron38
I think the website seat selection is not operating right now for some reason. I am not able to change some seat assignments I have for an upcoming flight. I will have to call too.
You can't do this online! As has been stated numerous times, you can select seats during the booking process on Thai's website. After this stage you will have to call or email to get your seat assignments. So if you have booked through another carrier you won't be able to select your seats online.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by travelislife
You can only pick them during the booking process on Thais website. But as you have found out, emailing your local office with seat requests usually works out.
Yeah worked out with me, got excatly what I wanted.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So has anything changed with regards to seat selection on the upper deck for Star Golds? We will book Q class with a TA.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum

I just got a miles redemption ticket on a long haul to Europe, economy class (X-class). I found no restrictions for seat selection when selecting the seat.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question Uppder Deck Seats

Ok, so we finally booked our seats from LHR to SIN & back in Q class and got the upper deck seat selection. Booked 76 J&K. How is the cabin in the upper deck? I mean passenger to washroom ratio etc. The flight leaves LHR at 12:30pm, whats the meal service like in Y. Are these flight usually oversold ? Ours leaves on May 1st from LHR which is a Sunday.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: TG Plat
The economy upper deck is small and you have the best seats with extra leg room, the only downside is the table is in the armrest which according to SeatGuru makes the seat narrower. I have never noticed this. 60 PAX to 2 washrooms is good and food service is also quicker. It is also quiet but then an A380 is fairly quiet even just behind the engines.
If the plane is likely to be full and there are 2 of you together you can't beat the seats you have and it is well worth paying the extra for Q class to get these (V and W can't sit here). However I would think Sunday 1st May will be half full at best so you might be better with 3 or 4 seats between the 2 of you elsewhere or even 3 seats each if you are quick when the doors close. Personal choice and a bit of a gamble though.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andyptrav
The economy upper deck is small and you have the best seats with extra leg room, the only downside is the table is in the armrest which according to SeatGuru makes the seat narrower. I have never noticed this. 60 PAX to 2 washrooms is good and food service is also quicker. It is also quiet but then an A380 is fairly quiet even just behind the engines.
If the plane is likely to be full and there are 2 of you together you can't beat the seats you have and it is well worth paying the extra for Q class to get these (V and W can't sit here). However I would think Sunday 1st May will be half full at best so you might be better with 3 or 4 seats between the 2 of you elsewhere or even 3 seats each if you are quick when the doors close. Personal choice and a bit of a gamble though.
I checked Sunday flights out of London and they seem to be all zeroed out.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Ok, so we finally booked our seats from LHR to SIN & back in Q class and got the upper deck seat selection. Booked 76 J&K. How is the cabin in the upper deck? I mean passenger to washroom ratio etc. The flight leaves LHR at 12:30pm, whats the meal service like in Y. Are these flight usually oversold ? Ours leaves on May 1st from LHR which is a Sunday.
Be aware that one of the two meal (dinner and breakfast on TG911) services starts at 76 AB and finishes with 76JK and the other starts at 76JK and finishes at 76AB, so if you don't want to be left with only one "choice" for one of the services it might be an idea to have a quiet word with the cabin crew to let them know what you would like.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 11277m
Be aware that one of the two meal (dinner and breakfast on TG911) services starts at 76 AB and finishes with 76JK and the other starts at 76JK and finishes at 76AB, so if you don't want to be left with only one "choice" for one of the services it might be an idea to have a quiet word with the cabin crew to let them know what you would like.
Thanks for the heads up. I also hope that this flight will be oversold and we get an op up.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I also hope that this flight will be oversold and we get an op up.
Don't we all!

If there is no choice left from the Y menu, the crew can sometimes be persuaded to see what's still available from J class, if you ask nicely.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 11277m
Don't we all!

If there is no choice left from the Y menu, the crew can sometimes be persuaded to see what's still available from J class, if you ask nicely.
No, no, I mean economy oversold seats, not oversold meals.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
that will likely remain wishful thinking! I have not experienced many oversold TG flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.