Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Retrofit status on TG's 747s

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Did they make up the bed for sleeping for you kziel777?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by travelislife
Thai doesn't have any slanted seats in F. They are all flat beds. Are you sure you were in F and not J?
No, I just got a golf cart from the plane and six hours in the Royal First lounge because I was in business class. Of course I'm sure it was first class.
The flight attendants did turn down service and the bed was slanted. Or the most not flat flat bed ever.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I guess it could be considered slanted because when in the fully flat reclined position it's a bit lumpy and the headrest is slightly raised. But as a categorization of seat it's a fully-flat open suite.
I noticed the same thing in the A380, although it didn't seem quite as drastic as the 747. Certainly not as flat as LH, UA, or SQ. I'm not kidding when I say I regularly sleep better in economy than I slept on my TG 747 flight, although as only one flight, it is a small sample.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by kziel777
I noticed the same thing in the A380, although it didn't seem quite as drastic as the 747. Certainly not as flat as LH, UA, or SQ. I'm not kidding when I say I regularly sleep better in economy than I slept on my TG 747 flight, although as only one flight, it is a small sample.
TG's F is full flat. Although to some people it just might not be flat "flat"!

Let this be the end of the discussion :P
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:38 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
Well, the backrest is a little raised so technically one can say that it's not fully flat. It's not slant like angled lie flat seat that cause you to slide down; in TG F, the lower part is fully horizontal. For sleeping purpose, I would still consider this a lie flat seat. Actually, the slight raise of the backrest make sleeping more comfortable for me.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:12 pm

Pros and Cons of Business 1st level and 2nd level?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:04 pm

PEK

Through flight radar I see 3 of the refitted 744 on the PEK route occasionally. Is there any consistency to these operating that route?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
Through flight radar I see 3 of the refitted 744 on the PEK route occasionally. Is there any consistency to these operating that route?
no. 747 should be consistent, no guarantee on old or new f however
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
my mid march BKK-HKG TG600 now shows 10F 744 instead of 388 previously
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyguy1234
my mid march BKK-HKG TG600 now shows 10F 744 instead of 388 previously
Hmmm, i wonder where the a380 is going... i'd think kix, but airplane config hasn't changed yet.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Yeah, Airline Route posted yesterday that Thai has re-allocated the 380 that had been operating TG600/601 between the dates of 5 February and 29 March. =(

I was looking forward to my first 380 ride!
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
Yeah, Airline Route posted yesterday that Thai has re-allocated the 380 that had been operating TG600/601 between the dates of 5 February and 29 March. =(

I was looking forward to my first 380 ride!
Yeah, I saw that today. My March 6 BKK-HKG flight now on 747. Bummer.

My United itinerary has not reflected this change yet.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm looking to do BKK-MXP on 747 in F in June. I just wanted to make sure that the plane usually used for this route has been retrofitted. I don't quite understand post#1 to figure that out. The 6 "HS-" listed don't show those planes flying to MXP recently.

Can someone help? My other option might be A340 in F to FRA instead, but would have to redo some of a trip I have on hold expiring tomorrow night.

Thanks!

Last edited by glocklt4; Jan 16, 2014 at 5:34 pm
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by glocklt4
I'm looking to do BKK-MXP on 747 in F in June. I just wanted to make sure that the plane usually used for this route has been retrofitted. I don't quite understand post#1 to figure that out. The 6 "HS-" listed don't show those planes flying to MXP recently.

Can someone help? My other option might be A340 in F to FRA instead, but would have to redo some of a trip I have on hold expiring tomorrow night.

Thanks!
Post 1 does not answer to your request. It simply provides you with a list of the planes which have been retrofitted.

Has you write, if the 6 listed planes have not flown to MXP recently, then there is little chance it will in the future. However, one never knows with Thai roulette... TG might swap equipment at the last minute, it's hard to predict.

The good news for you and what you should get from post 1, is that there are currently no 747 with an old F product. All of TG 747s have a somewhat new product or a brand new product. The somewhat new product is still a very decent experience and you can book it without thinking twice about it.

That being said, you should study the retrofitted 747 with new F flight pattern and decide for yourself if it's worth booking from that city or not. If you are award booking, then take what you get, and maximize the experience, you won't regret it. Enjoy!
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JamesBond_ppk
Post 1 does not answer to your request. It simply provides you with a list of the planes which have been retrofitted.

Has you write, if the 6 listed planes have not flown to MXP recently, then there is little chance it will in the future. However, one never knows with Thai roulette... TG might swap equipment at the last minute, it's hard to predict.

The good news for you and what you should get from post 1, is that there are currently no 747 with an old F product. All of TG 747s have a somewhat new product or a brand new product. The somewhat new product is still a very decent experience and you can book it without thinking twice about it.

That being said, you should study the retrofitted 747 with new F flight pattern and decide for yourself if it's worth booking from that city or not. If you are award booking, then take what you get, and maximize the experience, you won't regret it. Enjoy!
Got it. Thanks. I was confused as to whether "all 747's no longer have old 747" meaning that all of the 6 planes listed there, or really ALL 747's owned by TG do not have the old style, so that is great to hear.

This is an award I'm working on, and I decided to go ahead and ticket since my options keep getting wiped out with UA (rate hike is in 2 weeks!). I'll be happy with either the older retrofit or the new I imagine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.