Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai is getting VERY unattractive from London

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai is getting VERY unattractive from London

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
What an odd thing to say.

Why
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by harryhv
If you have KVS you can search for award availability in C, then buy the miles on lifemiles (Avianca) to book the award for not much more than the normal Y fare. If you can't find any C award seats from LHR, you can try various European ports.

I just looked on Lifemiles for LHR-HKT, the one-way C award is available on 11 Jan and will cost 27500 miles plus USD815.00. And you can buy the miles, immediately credited, for $30 per thousand, or half that when lifemiles has a sale.
Isn't $815 + $825 + $25 rather an expensive way to buy a ticket?

It translates into about Ł2300 return. Yes, cheaper than a Thai purchase at peak times, although the miles earned on TG would compensate for the difference: but some Ł100 more than Lufthansa was offering to HKT mid January.

OK, I'd have had to put up with the additional FRA malarky, but I'd miss the long chat with the Avianca team, and I'd earn 20K lifemiles ($600-worth at the miles' purchase rate) .

I finally settled on EVA's direct non-stop to BKK. Not everyone's first choice, but it's Ł1800 in C and the very comfortable premium economy runs at just over Ł1000.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Oct 23, 2012 at 10:29 pm
Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Again why ?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: TG Plat
I fully agree with Rick and have posted the same on this or another thread so I too am intrigued as to why you think this is odd.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 7:43 am

Chiming in to bring this thread back on track. Wholeheartedly agree with OP. We are using this flight frequently and since they took the 747 away it's gone downhill. Unfortunately not many alternatives and we do like the transfer service at BKK where we get picked up at the airbridge and get to use the little buggy. Will look into the MUC situation,, but don't we get slapped with the German airport tax there?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by andyptrav
I fully agree with Rick and have posted the same on this or another thread so I too am intrigued as to why you think this is odd.
I don't thinks it's odd... But the A346 C feels like C to me...

Cheers,

AG.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 4:04 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
German airport OY-tax tax applies only for local boardings and/or seperate tickets, not upon transiting with the same ticket..
The only tax which will apply if transiting with the same ticket is RA (Eur 16 per stop) .
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
http://www.4-traders.com/THAI-AIRWAY...rways-Internat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.