Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

The circus at the BKK arrival fast track continues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The circus at the BKK arrival fast track continues

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO

Premier Owl - Perhaps you or others could clarify here. You arrive at arrival Fast Track and present your passport, immigration form completed and CX Fast Track form. The immigration officer would have to carefully examine the Thai immigration form to see that you had written a VN flight number. Otherwise how would she know you didn't arrive on CX? Do they examine the forms in that detail?
The agent stamps your passport + adds the flight No. in handwriting. So yes the agent will be very aware of which airline you arrived with. I would advise against writing a CX flight No. on the form if you in fact arrived on VN....
Old May 15, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by kkl
Customs seem to be spending more time on each passport and passenger. More thorough.
Some passports just take longer to process. I try to avoid being behind Chinese nationals for this very reason.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: EVA, SQ, DL, AA, UA...
Originally Posted by Premier Owl
Has anyone ever placed a 500 / 1000 baht note in passport when use of Fast Track could be questioned?
Rather than embarrassing yourself, it's much easier to use BFS (Bangkok flight services). For 850 Baht someone will meet you with a sign with your name on it at the arrival gate and walk you through "pre-arranged channel", assist with luggage pick up and speed you through customs. Money well spent if you arrive between the 10 PM till 1 AM rush of A380s from China
For 1650 Baht, you get the golf cart treatment...
https://www.bangkokflightservices.co...port-services/
Old May 15, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Mendobrew
Rather than embarrassing yourself, it's much easier to use BFS (Bangkok flight services). For 850 Baht someone will meet you with a sign with your name on it at the arrival gate and walk you through "pre-arranged channel", assist with luggage pick up and speed you through customs. Money well spent if you arrive between the 10 PM till 1 AM rush of A380s from China
that's a good advise rather then make a ridiculous 3. world trial to bribe an official
Old May 15, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
The last two times I've arrived in BKK, once around 1pm the other time around 12:30am, the FT lanes were packed. It took 15-20 minutes to clear around 1pm and 30 minutes to clear around 12:30am. The main arrivals were backed up into the hallway, I imagine it would have taken 1-1.5 hours to clear in the regular lines.

There were quite a few "older" people (50-70) in the FT lines without coupons, none of which were turned away. I think many of them didn't realize it was FT as many had just obtained a visa on arrival (unless they are entitled to use the FT lanes?).
Old May 16, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
Thank you very much indeed for the link. Perfect and yes for 850 BHT v a 1,000 BHT 'offering' - it represents perfect value to avoid a possible line/Q at immigration.

I will certainly use the service when not on CX.

Up until a few years ago, my hotel rep was allowed airside access, but all of a sudden this was stopped. Now I can see why as the airport is running the service. I have no problem paying for this kind of service.

Once again, many thanks for the link..
Old May 19, 2017, 8:23 am

Thanks for the link. I didn't knew a service like this exists at BKK.
In case I have to fly Y again I'll give it a try.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: EVA, SQ, DL, AA, UA...
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Premier Owl
Once again, many thanks for the link..
You are welcome!

I found that link here 5-6 years ago, and it has made my arrivals at BKK much easier.^
IMHO there is not much worse than standing in a line/Q at 1:00 am after traveling the past 20+ hours… particularly when you can avoid it for 850 Baht.
With BFS you not only get to use the priority immigration area, you are steered into the VIP/Government officer lane, where there is normally no line/Q at all. I can highly recommend the arrivals service!

Departure does not have the same value, IMHO. The lines/Q always seem to be shorter, and a Priority Pass membership has many uses at BKK.

Safe travels!
Old May 24, 2017, 12:26 am

You are welcome!

I found that link here 5-6 years ago, and it has made my arrivals at BKK much easier.^
IMHO there is not much worse than standing in a line/Q at 1:00 am after traveling the past 20+ hours… particularly when you can avoid it for 850 Baht.
With BFS you not only get to use the priority immigration area, you are steered into the VIP/Government officer lane, where there is normally no line/Q at all. I can highly recommend the arrivals service!

Departure does not have the same value, IMHO. The lines/Q always seem to be shorter, and a Priority Pass membership has many uses at BKK.
what has Priority Pass Membership to do with this fast track service?

another alternative is to join Thailand Elite. However it is slightly more expensive then 850 THB, but you get fast track multiple times...anybody any experience with their fast track service?
Old May 26, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Seems like that both too many and too few passengers arriving at the same time may cause trouble at the fast track immigration..

Last week, I landed around 9:30am on the SWISS flight from Zurich in First Class. LH and LX F service usually includes the pick-up at gate service mentioned earlier, and so we were met at the gate by an agent who handed us the fast track passes and then walked us to the fast-track immigration which was completely empty. Not just the lines, but also the counters. It took quite a while until the PA lady had notified someone to staff the counters, and we would probably have been through quicker when using the normal immigration queue (which was also empty at the time, and we were the first passengers to disembark).

Additionally, the officer processing me also didn't seem to be too interested in the fast-track pass.. I guess their attitude is "I am here to process immigration, not to check vouchers", which I can fully relate to. They should place someone at the entrance to the queue to check the vouchers, just like they do, for example, in LHR.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by bruce80
They should place someone at the entrance to the queue to check the vouchers, just like they do, for example, in LHR.
If simply to ensure you have one maybe or are you suggesting they additionally parse the information on the pass? That last part is wholly unnecessary.

Most of the agents simply take your Fast Track pass, stack it with the others already presented and process your entry/exit stamps. It is a rare occurrence that an agent even bothers to assess if the airline stamp matches the entry flight.

You have a pass in hand that is supported financially by the airline stamped. What more is needed?
Old May 27, 2017, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
You have a pass in hand that is supported financially by the airline stamped. What more is needed?
is this different at fast tracks in other countries?
Old May 27, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
I had times when the pass was left in the passport!!!!!!

I assume (hardly believe) there might be a change in the system and the passes are paid upon redemption and any illegal use (wrong flight/airline) would not be paid. I have many of them unused but with either my name or some airline stamps.

I know in the early days you can BUY stacks of these passes cheap though 'proper' channels.

Originally Posted by BinSabai
what has Priority Pass Membership to do with this fast track service?

another alternative is to join Thailand Elite. However it is slightly more expensive then 850 THB, but you get fast track multiple times...anybody any experience with their fast track service?
I think there is many PP lounges to use at BKK, even AF one for a short time.

I thought Thailand Elite was a scam. It is the only 'official' way to 'buy' a long term visa and cut corners on some legal stuff. I've seen a 'house' with no human traffic in middle of Sathorn and an always empty immigration lane. But I guess for someone with $30k spare change, buying a DYKWIA card isn't a bad deal.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
I think there is many PP lounges to use at BKK, even AF one for a short time.

I thought Thailand Elite was a scam. It is the only 'official' way to 'buy' a long term visa and cut corners on some legal stuff. I've seen a 'house' with no human traffic in middle of Sathorn and an always empty immigration lane. But I guess for someone with $30k spare change, buying a DYKWIA card isn't a bad deal.
PP Lounges yes, but no fast lane for PP...

Prices for Thailand Elite have gone down. 500k THB for 5 years. Did you ever consider to participate? I would not be interested in the DYKWIA impact...
Old May 27, 2017, 11:05 am

Some passports just take longer to process. I try to avoid being behind Chinese nationals for this very reason.

Indeed. A major part of that problem is that the immigration forms are sometimes incomplete and the officers are taking time to assist the passengers with them. Obviously not the fault of the individuals who are trying to complete a form in a language unfamiliar to them. The lack is in not having someone in that area to pre-vet the forms, as they have at the main immigration area.

Recently traveling in Y on Qantas I was given a premium lane pass ( completely blank but accepted by the officer...I didn't fill in the details because I was hoping to save it for another occasion if I could get away with it...impossible as others without the form were being turned away). I assume I got this as a QF PLT, O/W Emerald, I rarely fly to BKK on QF, although I would consider doing so more frequently if TG can't do something better for ROP Golds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.