Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

The circus at the BKK arrival fast track continues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The circus at the BKK arrival fast track continues

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by paolo64
Indeed. A major part of that problem is that the immigration forms are sometimes incomplete and the officers are taking time to assist the passengers with them. Obviously not the fault of the individuals who are trying to complete a form in a language unfamiliar to them. The lack is in not having someone in that area to pre-vet the forms, as they have at the main immigration area.
Several years ago dragons, who's sole purpose was to inspect immi forms and get arrivees (think I made that word up) to have complete forms prior to lining up for an agent, were positioned at the end of the immigration snake.

What I was referring to the actual processing time for certain nationalities that has nothing to do with forms being complete.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
PP Lounges yes, but no fast lane for PP...

Prices for Thailand Elite have gone down. 500k THB for 5 years. Did you ever consider to participate? I would not be interested in the DYKWIA impact...
Didn't know the price dropped (or not, wasn't it 1M THB for 20 years and 4x5 year visa). Still I think the benefits are aimed towards retiree who doesn't want to leave, wants a home, and just golf all day. All I know is the program can be managed MUCH better to attract FDI or increase spending in Thailand.

The DYKWIA impact on the other hand, might be useful. I don't know anyone who holds the card so really can't comment.

Never knew or seen anyone using any of the benefits anywhere. Still think its a scam.
Old May 28, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
Didn't know the price dropped (or not, wasn't it 1M THB for 20 years and 4x5 year visa). Still I think the benefits are aimed towards retiree who doesn't want to leave, wants a home, and just golf all day. All I know is the program can be managed MUCH better to attract FDI or increase spending in Thailand.

The DYKWIA impact on the other hand, might be useful. I don't know anyone who holds the card so really can't comment.

Never knew or seen anyone using any of the benefits anywhere. Still think its a scam.
i think it was 2M THB and a yearly fee.
if you have direct Investments in Thailand you can get a visa anyway, not for 5 years but for 2
and if you are Platinum member at TG you have also Lounge and fast track in BKK
so what are additional benefits?
Old May 30, 2017, 6:23 am
Suspended

i think it was 2M THB and a yearly fee.
if you have direct Investments in Thailand you can get a visa anyway, not for 5 years but for 2
and if you are Platinum member at TG you have also Lounge and fast track in BKK
so what are additional benefits?
there's a limo service to/from the airport and discounts at luxury hotels, stores and golf courses. you basically get VIP treatment at places they are partnered with.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by BennyW
there's a limo service to/from the airport and discounts at luxury hotels, stores and golf courses. you basically get VIP treatment at places they are partnered with.
that would be the full package, not the light version. Did you enroll?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
that would be the full package, not the light version. Did you enroll?
I enrolled last month, for THB500,000, and my new visa, which it took ten minutes to affix to my passport while I waited in the TE lounge, says April 2022, and I get 24 round trip limos (BMW 7) per year, and Concierge, and unlimited meet 'n greet/transfer with a buggy. They also collect your luggage from the carousel and bring it to you, while you relax with a cold drink and cold towel in the TE arrivals lounge. I think its worthwhile but others may not.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by Thaikwai
I enrolled last month, for THB500,000, and my new visa, which it took ten minutes to affix to my passport while I waited in the TE lounge, says April 2022, and I get 24 round trip limos (BMW 7) per year, and Concierge, and unlimited meet 'n greet/transfer with a buggy. They also collect your luggage from the carousel and bring it to you, while you relax with a cold drink and cold towel in the TE arrivals lounge. I think its worthwhile but others may not.
yeah, but no golf, spa, Hotel as with full package
wonder how far the limo service goes as I am living now outside Bangkok.
Consider the light TE as well once I am not on work permit here anymore
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I just came through at about 11:15 p.m. Only two agents working, the line was about 20 pax long and moved very slowly. Took about 15-20 minutes to clear. Two more agents opened up just as I reached the front of the line.

The worst part was the DYKWIA pax who would not let go of the fact they had to stand in line. It's really best at a certain point just to accept that there's going to be a wait and roll with it.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I just came through at about 11:15 p.m. Only two agents working, the line was about 20 pax long and moved very slowly. Took about 15-20 minutes to clear. Two more agents opened up just as I reached the front of the line.

The worst part was the DYKWIA pax who would not let go of the fact they had to stand in line. It's really best at a certain point just to accept that there's going to be a wait and roll with it.
Dear Kacee

we know who you are!

are you talking about fast track of TG, Premium lane fast track or Thai Elite fast track?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
are you talking about fast track of TG, Premium lane fast track or Thai Elite fast track?
Premium lane via CX fast track pass.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Premium lane via CX fast track pass.
yeah that's the most busy from the three
Old Jun 3, 2017, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Dear Kacee

we know who you are!

where is the TG fast track inbound when facing the main Premiun lane near D4; to the left or right? I am guessing to the right...
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
where is the TG fast track inbound when facing the main Premiun lane near D4; to the left or right? I am guessing to the right...
not quite sure what you mean.
there are two major immigration areas, one opposite D4 and one opposite D6, Premium lane is in between, TG fast track is in the major immigration area opposite D4 on the left side (in the past on the right side)
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:03 pm

yeah that's the most busy from the three
It wasn't that busy, the problem was only two agents.

Is it just me, or are they taking more time now with each passenger? I know it can vary depending on passport, but even US now seems to take quite a while.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
not quite sure what you mean.
there are two major immigration areas, one opposite D4 and one opposite D6, Premium lane is in between, TG fast track is in the major immigration area opposite D4 on the left side (in the past on the right side)
OK that all makes sense. Well described! I would usually use the 'east' immigration area opposite D4 and turn right for fast track, but when meeting up with family arriving on other flight from NZ we rallied in the Premium Lane area between the 2 immigration areas, and I have been using it since - and have noticed the increased lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.