Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Flying TG BKK-DXB, no UAE visa... experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying TG BKK-DXB, no UAE visa... experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by blue2002
Well, I looked at Timatic as well and decided to shell out the CAD 500. That little note about "traveling at least one sector (inbound or outbound) on
Emirates (EK)." convinced me. Oh well, we only live once; might as well not waste the time on visa-related denied boardings. Thanks for your answers!
Indeed it is wise to follow the TIMATIC rules as the airline check-in agent will be looking at that when you check in and will refuse you boarding if you don't meet the requirements.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by dazz81
Indeed it is wise to follow the TIMATIC rules as the airline check-in agent will be looking at that when you check in and will refuse you boarding if you don't meet the requirements.
yes... I spent half an hour looking thru Timatic with a TK agent before finally finding the rule about 24 hour visa free transfer at PEK

Its the exact system airlines used.

Was the $500 really the only option?????
You should send the bill to Air Canada for this
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Was the $500 really the only option????
As best as I can see, yes. Per UAE Embassy in Ottawa
a. The Embassy issues two types of visit visas:
i. Short term visa (Single Entry), with a validity of 29 days (non-renewable) CAD $250

ii. Long term visa (Single Entry), with a validity of 89 days (non-renewable) CAD $500
There are private agencies that claim to arrange visas for UAE. The one appearing to be the same one as used by EK seems to charge similar amounts. Some other ones show lower prices, but no easily verifiable track record.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
If you will be staying at a hotel in Dubai, you can always get them to sponsor you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.