Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
It is definitively possible to get TG flights Europe - BKK in C using *A miles, I would even go as far as to say that TG is the *A airline with the most award space going from Europe to Southeast Asia.

What dates are you looking at and for how many pax?
Thanks for the reply!

Good to know it's possible - there are 4 of us.

Our dates are very flexible... we want a 1-way flight anytime after March 25, 2014.

I know I'm searching waaaay ahead of time, and to be honest, our ideal departure would be somewhere in the range of June to September 2014 - I know I can't actually book it now since nothing has been released yet - I just want to get a feel for what the options are likely to be so that when it gets down to booking time, I'll know what I'm doing and not miss out. Hope that made sense...

Also, so far, my fave set of flights that I found was using Turkish Air from N. America to Europe and Europe to Asia - they had nice timing for their flights and stopovers, and I actually saw 4 tickets available on the Aeroplan site for Jan 2014 at one point. So that gave me hope that maybe I'd find similar tickets eventually for my target departure range, once tickets are released... but who knows...

I want a backup plan though, hence trying to figure out why the Aeroplan site will only show economy seats for Thai airways
Old May 13, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SAAG
Good to know it's possible - there are 4 of us.
TG usually only releases 2 seats at the time. You would have to book these 2 and then wait for 2 more to appear. Sometimes 2 more appear right after the first 2 have been booked.

Generally speaking, you would probably have much more options splitting your booking into 2 separate itineraries of 2 pax each and flying different routes.
Old May 13, 2013, 3:05 pm

Generally speaking, you would probably have much more options splitting your booking into 2 separate itinieraries of 2 pax each and fly different routes.
Since it's myself, hubby, and 2 kids, flying separately isn't a good option for us. I have crazy eye problems, and will need the help of my hubby to fly with the kids since there are times when I literally cannot keep my eyes open (long story... I'm a freak ) Anyhow, because of this, I don't want to be in the position of being alone for such a long journey with one of my kiddos to look after.

TG usually only releases 2 seats at the time. You would have to book these 2 and then wait for 2 more to appear. Sometimes 2 more appear right after the first 2 have been booked.
Wonder if there is any way around this for us.. bummer...
Old May 13, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Note the words "usually" and "sometimes", I'm not saying it's impossible - there still is a chance, specially if you are booking early and are flexible.
Old May 13, 2013, 3:11 pm

Note the words "usually" and "sometimes", I'm not saying it's impossible - there still is a chance, specially if you are booking early and are flexible.
True, true...

I really appreciate the info!
Old May 14, 2013, 4:27 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Question: does anyone know when TG uploads their flights into GDS?

I've been waiting for them to load in any flights past 29 March 2014 for more than a week now. Most airlines seem to do a daily update and run ~330 days in advance, but TG is lagging behind this mark pretty badly at the moment.

Last edited by SeaRaptor; May 14, 2013 at 4:57 am Reason: Typo.
Old May 15, 2013, 10:47 am

I have the same question as SeaRaptor. I've been hoping to book BKK-KIX for 30 or 31 Mar 2014, but seemingly no awards inventory is being loaded past 29 Mar.
Old May 17, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Since it's myself, hubby, and 2 kids, flying separately isn't a good option for us. I have crazy eye problems, and will need the help of my hubby to fly with the kids since there are times when I literally cannot keep my eyes open (long story... I'm a freak ) Anyhow, because of this, I don't want to be in the position of being alone for such a long journey with one of my kiddos to look after.

You could book 2 seats in business and 2 seats in economy and watch the route and then if 2 more business seats open up, call and change the 2 economy seats to business. No change fee on Aeroplan for this I believe. Worst case, 2 have to sit in economy for that segment.
Old May 23, 2013, 6:46 am

Programs: AC Peon / Hyatt Discoverist
Long-time AC reader, but this is my first time venturing into TG subforum. I hope fellow FTers can help me out here.

I have booked a reward J ticket ZRH-BKK. I see the metal is A340.
Some time has elapsed and I noticed while searching that I could also do ZRH-FRA-BKK. FRA-BKK would be A380, adding 4 hours to my travel time.

Question is: Is the J on A380 significantly better than the A340? I've never flown TG so I'm not sure what to expect. Pictures suggest the A380 would be better. I've flown a few times in J on SQ's A380 and the experience was absolutely amazing.

Thanks in advance. If it's a no-brainer, please hit me on the head with a hammer.
Old May 23, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
I am arriving BKK from NRT in TG F at about 10 pm. My plan was to go into town to overnight and then back to the airport first thing for a 10am flight to DPS in J. Will I have access to the F lounge/check-in/security area in the morning?

Edit: It is all on a single ticket if it matters.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:32 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by darwiniandemon
Question is: Is the J on A380 significantly better than the A340? I've never flown TG so I'm not sure what to expect. Pictures suggest the A380 would be better. I've flown a few times in J on SQ's A380 and the experience was absolutely amazing.
It's a no brainer. A380 J is definitely better. You get a fully flat and horizontal bed plus more privacy. A340 J is angled-lie flat. On top of that, the A380 is a wonderful machine.

Swap if you can :-)
Old May 23, 2013, 11:34 am
hgp

Originally Posted by adambadam
I am arriving BKK from NRT in TG F at about 10 pm. My plan was to go into town to overnight and then back to the airport first thing for a 10am flight to DPS in J. Will I have access to the F lounge/check-in/security area in the morning?

Edit: It is all on a single ticket if it matters.
I think strictly speaking you're entitled to the F lounge as you're an arriving F pax, departing J. Ordinarily you would be met at the door to the plane and whisked to the F lounge. However not sure if they'll recognise the F "arrival" if you overnight in BKK.
Old May 26, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: ROP *G
Is there any special reward/recognition for traveling more than 120k or 150k miles a year on Thai (Not other star alliance members, but specifically on Thai Airways being 60%Y 40%J class)? Currently at 69k so far this year (since Jan) and it's only May
Old May 26, 2013, 1:37 pm
hgp

Originally Posted by Mchamp
Is there any special reward/recognition for traveling more than 120k or 150k miles a year on Thai (Not other star alliance members, but specifically on Thai Airways being 60%Y 40%J class)? Currently at 69k so far this year (since Jan) and it's only May
Short answer: No.

There's ROP*G and you've already qualified for that based on your flying so far. Next step is ROP*P and this is an "invitation only" tier. Invitations offered to pax accumulating 80k Qmiles in TG J/F over successive years.
Old May 26, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: VS, CO, BA
A346 vs 747 scheduling

Hello! I'm looking at booking an ex eu evening flight to BKK for 17th Nov.

The flights which are usually 747's with new first I.e. Fra and lhr are showing as 346's - is this likely to be a blip in the system that will be changed to a 747 later or is this likely to be the type used?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.