San Antonio in September...what to do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Antonio in September...what to do

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:21 am

Programs: * A
if u'r into shopping, they have an awesome premium outlet with high end designer (ferragamo, armani, zegna to name three) outlets about an hour away from San Antonio at San Marcos. I <3 that outlet. enjoy your stay!
Old Sep 17, 2009, 3:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
check out Gruene Hall if you want an interesting Texas experience

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruene_Hall
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:13 am

Sorry to be so late in posting, as I know you've already made most of your plans, but I just came across your post and wanted to add some alternative ideas. As a Hyatt Platinum, you should consider enrolling for the Diamond Trial upgrade discussed in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-2009-a-3.htmlIt has recently been reported that the enrollment period has been extended to 9/18, so call today and get upgraded to Diamond using offer code 2DTRIAL2 That will give you Diamond status for the next 120 days and, if you have 15 qualifying nights during that time, retain Diamond status until 2/2011! Using the VisitSanAntonio.com coupon code (SAVWEB), you could stay at the Grand Hyatt on the Riverwalk for about $112/night with free breakfast buffet for 2, as a Diamond get access to the Grand Club and (as we have experienced) possibly an upgrade to a suite. (Use Offer Code G2 for 2,000 bonus points.) As a convention center hotel, it may not have the charm of the La Mansion, but it's a very nice, new hotel located on the Riverwalk.

Also, Sea World willbe open on Fri., Oct. 2, if you really wanted to go there. They may be starting their Halloween celebration that weekend. The Hyatt Hill Country is very close by and also has offer codes on the Visit SA website. It is an older property, but might give you a sense of the Texas hill country that you wouldn't experience downtown. Consider splitting your 4 night stay for a taste of both worlds. Use offer code DEL5K for $150 food and beverage credit along with 5,000 bonus GP points and G2 offer for an additional 2,000 points.

Last edited by DealDetective; Sep 17, 2009 at 10:15 am Reason: correct link
Old Sep 17, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: * A
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DealDetective
Sorry to be so late in posting, as I know you've already made most of your plans, but I just came across your post and wanted to add some alternative ideas. As a Hyatt Platinum, you should consider enrolling for the Diamond Trial upgrade discussed in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-2009-a-3.htmlIt has recently been reported that the enrollment period has been extended to 9/18, so call today and get upgraded to Diamond using offer code 2DTRIAL2 That will give you Diamond status for the next 120 days and, if you have 15 qualifying nights during that time, retain Diamond status until 2/2011! Using the VisitSanAntonio.com coupon code (SAVWEB), you could stay at the Grand Hyatt on the Riverwalk for about $112/night with free breakfast buffet for 2, as a Diamond get access to the Grand Club and (as we have experienced) possibly an upgrade to a suite. (Use Offer Code G2 for 2,000 bonus points.) As a convention center hotel, it may not have the charm of the La Mansion, but it's a very nice, new hotel located on the Riverwalk.

Also, Sea World willbe open on Fri., Oct. 2, if you really wanted to go there. They may be starting their Halloween celebration that weekend. The Hyatt Hill Country is very close by and also has offer codes on the Visit SA website. It is an older property, but might give you a sense of the Texas hill country that you wouldn't experience downtown. Consider splitting your 4 night stay for a taste of both worlds. Use offer code DEL5K for $150 food and beverage credit along with 5,000 bonus GP points and G2 offer for an additional 2,000 points.
boy! that's some great information, now I am kicking myself for not posting here before I used to frequent SAT

thanks for the resourceful post
Old Sep 18, 2009, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Elite Plus, *A Gold Elite, American AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by DealDetective
Wow - that's a great deal. So good we jumped on it! Thanks for the recommendation! Only got the plat upgrade but keeping fingers crossed!

Last edited by Shesells; Sep 18, 2009 at 7:51 am
Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Shesells
Wow - that's a great deal. So good we jumped on it! Thanks for the recommendation! Only got the plat upgrade but keeping fingers crossed!
Glad I could help. Did they say why they didn't bump you to Diamond from Plat? You might want to call back and see if a different rep can help you. I have seen posts from some people who were surprised to get bumped from Gold to Diamond under this promotion! If you achieve Diamond, make sure the hotel knows your status before arrival, since it would affect your room assignment. In any event, it's a good deal on a nice hotel. Have a great trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.