DFW-D Amex Centurion Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm surprised that affiliate Platinum cards seem to be included. If I'm reading the statement about any Plat card, including overseas and issued by banks, this would seem to mean yes for DL Plat card, but no (or $50 charge) for the higher level and more expensive DL AmEx Reserve card.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 4:20 pm

I'm assuming it's the $400+ annual fee vanilla platinum card (and variants) only.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:25 pm

Programs: Amex centurion / plat / DL diamond / Hilton HHonors
When they say platinum cards is strictly American Express cards.. I've asked the representative and they advised me if it's affiliated with other partner then you will be charge $50 per adult..
Old Oct 22, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I visited today this lounge, Just like the OP said plus REALLY nice and warming people working in the lounge.

I would say that this is by far best lounge either Business or First that i have visited in the US.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
answered my own question about terminal transfers.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I visited the lounge today for the first time. I'm impressed. I had a very nice meal and a Harp in a high quality pilsner glass. My only complaint is that it is in a remote part of the D terminal near gate 20 - at least remote for AA flyers. I'll only be visiting if I have lots of time.

The AC would have been packed to the gills with Euro departures, but the Centurion Lounge was very quiet. That said, I can imagine AA isn't one bit happy about this. If AMEX keeps this up, the AA Admirals Club affiliation with AMEX PLT is done - as many are speculating

Originally Posted by world4me
Spa service is avail. at certain times (I can't recall I think it was) 9am to 6pm and as mentioned first come first serve.. Food is tex-mex style so it's med-spicy..
Or if you're local, it's extremely mild (but still good)
Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

Just wanted to note after a second visit today (with a couple more coming, I'm passing through DFW 5 times in under 2 weeks ). If so inclined, the staff is ok with using it as an arrivals lounge, did so today. Food is very good, especially the BBQ brisket and the corn soup. Cocktails are very good as well (I can personally recommend the Jack Rose for anyone looking for something very slightly on the sweeter side). Staff is really excellent, extremely attentive. I haven't tried the shower or spa services yet but should be able to get to those this upcoming weekend. Feel free to post any questions here and I'll try to answer them for you. Lounge is better than the Admirals Clubs for sure, and I've spent a lot of time in each of DFW's four ACs. Not sure if the showers will match up to the terminal A AC showers though, but that is a tall order for any shower!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Is this lounge better than the third-party lounge at D21?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sant
Is this lounge better than the third-party lounge at D21?
I haven't been there, but most reports I've seen say that the D Admirals Club is better than that lounge. And I say the Centurion Lounge is better than the D AC. So, Q.E.D. and all that stuff .
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Not sure if the showers will match up to the terminal A AC showers though, but that is a tall order for any shower!
I thought the food was very good, too. I have tried the showers and they are also very nice. They give you a lot of shower amenities, mouthwash, etc... They are all L'Occitane products and I believe the showerheads were rainfall showerheads. I'm not very sure about specifics now as it was a few weeks ago, but I remember thinking it was better than a lot of AC showers, but don't remember much about Terminal A showers for the comparison.

I will try using it also as an arrivals lounge for some dinner this week.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Quote:

Not sure if the showers will match up to the terminal A AC showers though, but that is a tall order for any shower!

I thought the food was very good, too. I have tried the showers and they are also very nice. They give you a lot of shower amenities, mouthwash, etc... They are all L'Occitane products and I believe the showerheads were rainfall showerheads. I'm not very sure about specifics now as it was a few weeks ago, but I remember thinking it was better than a lot of AC showers, but don't remember much about Terminal A showers for the comparison.

I will try using it also as an arrivals lounge for some dinner this week.
I just left it, got a chance to use the showers and the 15-minute massage service. Shower is very good, well stocked with L'Occitane amenities as you noted. Also a vanity kit, dental care kit with mouthwash, and a "shower bonnet". The A AC showers have a "slightly" larger rain shower head, and also side shower heads. From a pure shower itself standpoint, A AC is better. However, everything else in the Centurion lounge showers is better than the A AC showers.

15-minute massage was excellent. It was clothes on and all upper body.

Also got to the lounge in time for breakfast, just before the changeover to lunch began. Breakfast foods were very good in general, I thought the almond bread French toast was just average, but it may have been because I came right at the tail end of the breakfast service. They also offer plain Greek yogurt with five different fruits you can mix in with it.

Now that I've been able to avail myself of everything the lounge has to offer, I can safely say it is the best lounge at DFW in my opinion. It is also better than at least the JFK Flagship Lounge, and close in quality to some of the international F lounges I've been to in Asia. Overall, an excellent lounge, especially in the USA!

And I've been there enough now that one of the employees welcomed me back, I'm surely among its most frequent visitors in its first month!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:19 pm

And I've been there enough now that one of the employees welcomed me back, I'm surely among its most frequent visitors in its first month!
They must also not get that many visitors, or the staff has very good memories, because they remembered me too even though I've only been there twice, separated by a week.

Last edited by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin; Nov 9, 2013 at 7:14 pm Reason: fixed formatting
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:26 am

Any confirmation on the spa opening time? OH is arriving from HNL tomorrow at 5:25 am, 5 minutes before lounge opening time, with plenty of time before connection. I gather showers will be open then, and breakfast, but a massage would be nice too.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Just wanted to note after a second visit today (with a couple more coming, I'm passing through DFW 5 times in under 2 weeks ). If so inclined, the staff is ok with using it as an arrivals lounge, did so today. Food is very good, especially the BBQ brisket and the corn soup. Cocktails are very good as well (I can personally recommend the Jack Rose for anyone looking for something very slightly on the sweeter side). Staff is really excellent, extremely attentive. I haven't tried the shower or spa services yet but should be able to get to those this upcoming weekend. Feel free to post any questions here and I'll try to answer them for you. Lounge is better than the Admirals Clubs for sure, and I've spent a lot of time in each of DFW's four ACs. Not sure if the showers will match up to the terminal A AC showers though, but that is a tall order for any shower!
Thanks for the recommendation, TheBOSman. I'll try out the Jack Rose. Do they still allow arrivals pax to use the lounge? Also, I was wondering if they have a list of their cocktails somewhere online? The one on their website doesn't work for some reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.