FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas-695/)
-   -   DFW-D Amex Centurion Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas/1512043-dfw-d-amex-centurion-lounge.html)

BrassMonkehy Oct 14, 2013 12:37 pm

DFW-D Amex Centurion Lounge

Just attended the soft opening for the DFW board.

So the new lounges opens tomorrow. Hours are 5:30A-10P. It's a nice little lounge. Beautifully decorated. Comfy seats. A great all day buffet with real food in it. Custom entrees. Tell the chef what you want and he will do whatever based on what ingredients he has available to him.

Full bar. Nothing costs additional.

2 6 person meeting rooms. 1 hour limit if someone is waiting. First come first served.

Mini spa. Massages. Manicures. Pedicures. Facials. All included and free.

Showers. First come first served.

Lockers that actually lock. Electronic. Set your own code. Emptied nightly at 10pm.

Seperate room with 4 or 5 sleeper lounge type things. Over looking the terminal. The designated sleeping room.

Power outlets everywhere.

Hmmm. Anyone want to know anything else?

DFWsakp Oct 14, 2013 1:23 pm

DFW-D Amex Centurian Lounge

Can Platinum Card holders use this lounge?

BrassMonkehy Oct 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Yes sir. Plat and above. 2 adult guests. Unlimited guests under 17. One day pass is $50 for people without appropriate cards.

BrassMonkehy Oct 14, 2013 1:40 pm

Think anyone would appreciate pics?

UAPremExecflyer Oct 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by BrassMonkehy (Post 21606284)
Think anyone would appreciate pics?

There are already pics in this thread in the AmEx forum.

SeriouslyLost Oct 14, 2013 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by BrassMonkehy (Post 21606278)
Yes sir. Plat and above. 2 adult guests. Unlimited guests under 17. One day pass is $50 for people without appropriate cards.

Ohgoodghods. I now have a mental image of thousands of entitled Brazilian brats running around all over the place. :(

BrassMonkehy Oct 14, 2013 2:17 pm

When he told me that he saw the look on my face and shook his head in agreement. The kids room is like 12x12 with beanbags and a game system. Not sure how that's gonna work. I'll be spending my time in the mini spa and the sleeper lounges. :)

Spiff Oct 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by BrassMonkehy (Post 21606278)

Really?

The new Amex Centurion Lounge are much swankier and nearly a destination to themselves. Available free to holders of the by-invitation-only Amex Centurion Card or for $50 a visit for other Amex card members, the club offers restaurant-quality meals and snacks, a high-end cocktail bar and sleek relaxation areas.

Bttc Oct 14, 2013 3:33 pm

The USA today article says Platinums are allowed although originally only Centurions had been. Then again, it is the USA today.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Edit: In the access terms.

http://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access

I AM SO EXCITED

Sant Oct 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bttc (Post 21606820)
The USA today article says Platinums are allowed although originally only Centurions had been. Then again, it is the USA today.

Platinum card members are allowed free access to their Las Vegas lounge.

Any eligible American Express Card Member may purchase a One-Day Pass at The Lounge for $50. If you have a Platinum Card® or Centurion® Card from American Express, access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary as part of your Card Membership. If you received a promotional mailing or email communicating complimentary access, then access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary for the number of visits indicated in the promotion.

gooseman13 Oct 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Are spa treatments available during certain hours? Or the entire opening time. I'm wondering if with a 7am flight if I'd be too early.

BrassMonkehy Oct 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Yes. Really...

Ocn Vw 1K Oct 14, 2013 5:45 pm

Please follow the thread in the regional Texas forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

world4me Oct 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Spa service is avail. at certain times (I can't recall I think it was) 9am to 6pm and as mentioned first come first serve.. Food is tex-mex style so it's med-spicy..

world4me Oct 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Also to mention.. If you are a centurion card holder.. There is a special line which was the far right desk as you come in.. It will have a signage "priority check-in".. So you don't have to wait if there is a line...