Search problems

Old Apr 8, 09, 9:29 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer View Post
For testing purposes, would you happen to know of a thread that should have been included in the search results but wasn't?
Search is not working, at least for 3-letter terms:

Searches for "KVS" or *KVS*
Bring-up completely irrelevant results, such as
-- These threads do not even contain the search term.
Old Apr 8, 09, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver
Have United.com employees been hired? Search is horrible.
Old Apr 9, 09, 3:35 am
Company Representative - ITA Software

Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer View Post
If you weren't searching by title, let me know.
I was not searching by title.

It appears to be working better today; something must have changed since yesterday because I got no results at all yesterday and lots of results today, including posts from before yesterday.
Old Apr 9, 09, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
Search is not working, at least for 3-letter terms:

Searches for "KVS" or *KVS*
Bring-up completely irrelevant results, such as
-- These threads do not even contain the search term.
Not just three letter terms. Try searching the US Air forum for coterminal and see the lovely threads you get in return.
Old Apr 10, 09, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
Search doesn't seem to be working in the Travel Technology forum for at least the last couple of days. Tried searching with several terms, including Blackberry, all with no luck.
Old Jul 13, 09, 4:54 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Search isn't working again. Searching the 'West' US travel forum for "Santa Fe" just brings back 2 threads and/or 3 posts. A month ago, it brought back pages of both. Seems like the indexes have been messed up off and on for weeks now.
Old Oct 20, 10, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
"Find All Posts by...": Not Working

Just try to perform a search on a new spammer's profile. When I click on "Find all posts by XXX", the system renders an empty screen (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...archid=7762607).

Ran the same test under my own profile, same empty page.

Using "Find all threads started by XXX", the system was able to pull up 3 threads that he OPed though.

Another strange thing happened when I tried to do some test run with some other FTers. I randomly clicked on a few FTers (such as nieder2 & godlovesugly) from the forum frontpage so I could get to their profiles, I was taken to 15a more than once. Twice to be exact. I don't know the sytem took me to 15a when this person hadn't had any post from the forum frontpage for me to click on.

What's wrong with FT search today?
Old Oct 21, 10, 10:34 am

Programs: US, DL, BA FF Progs
Search in a Thread

I'm getting an empty screen when I try to search in the "Trick it" thread in the MR forum.

Does anyone know if this has been broken for awhile or if this is a recent thing?

Also +1 to Lin821 "Find all post by XXX" not working for me too.

Abby
Old Oct 21, 10, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by lin821 View Post
Just try to perform a search on a new spammer's profile. When I click on "Find all posts by XXX", the system renders an empty screen (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...archid=7762607).

Ran the same test under my own profile, same empty page.

Using "Find all threads started by XXX", the system was able to pull up 3 threads that he OPed though.

Another strange thing happened when I tried to do some test run with some other FTers. I randomly clicked on a few FTers (such as nieder2 & godlovesugly) from the forum frontpage so I could get to their profiles, I was taken to 15a more than once. Twice to be exact. I don't know the sytem took me to 15a when this person hadn't had any post from the forum frontpage for me to click on.

What's wrong with FT search today?
Tech has fixed this. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Originally Posted by abmad View Post
I'm getting an empty screen when I try to search in the "Trick it" thread in the MR forum.

Does anyone know if this has been broken for awhile or if this is a recent thing?

Abby
We were unable to reproduce this problem. If you are still encountering a problem please let us know.
Old Dec 18, 10, 7:05 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Lately, when using FireFox, when I click "New Posts", it tells me that searches are only allowed every 15 seconds, and that I have to wait 14 more seconds. I understand that. Problem is, I hadn't done a search in a couple of hours. Then I wait 14 seconds, search again, and it tells me I need to wait another 14 seconds. Is this a cookie issue?

Chris
Old Dec 20, 10, 11:26 am

It wouldn't be a cookie issue. We'll take a look.
Old Dec 20, 10, 11:30 am

I don't see anything that would be blocking you. Are you still having the issue?
Old Dec 20, 10, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by IB-Dick View Post
I don't see anything that would be blocking you. Are you still having the issue?
Happened today. Didn't do any searching at all, then clicked "New Posts" and it told me I had to wait another 15 seconds. I switch over to IE and it goes away. Weird.

Chris
Old Dec 20, 10, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO View Post
Happened today. Didn't do any searching at all, then clicked "New Posts" and it told me I had to wait another 15 seconds. I switch over to IE and it goes away. Weird.

Chris
What browser are you using? Are you using any plugins like Yslow? That specific one does a refresh of any page as soon as you open it and cause issues like this by sending double requests.
Old Dec 27, 10, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by IB-Dick View Post
What browser are you using? Are you using any plugins like Yslow? That specific one does a refresh of any page as soon as you open it and cause issues like this by sending double requests.
Hasn't happened in a couple days. I'm using FireFox and the only plugin I have is GreaseMonkey but no scripts set to run on FT.

Chris