Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Links to specific posts go to the first post of the thread instead

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2023, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Links to specific posts go to the first post of the thread instead

When I click a link in Received Likes e.g. #8 Passenger on List Upgraded before #’s 1-7 I always end up on the first page of the thread. If this is the price I have to pay for disabling infinite scroll, I guess I’m ok with it but it’s mildly annoying. I am in the latest Chrome on iOS and this has been happening for several months or more.

Thanks.
Old May 3, 2023, 3:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by _kurt
When I click on the link you provided, I am taken to a post of yours, presumably the one that had been Liked. When I clicked on a link to a post of mine that someone had Liked, I was taken to my post. I doubt if this helps you, except that it suggests that the problem is somewhere on your system or profile. Good luck.
IBJoel likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serpens
When I click on the link you provided, I am taken to a post of yours, presumably the one that had been Liked. When I clicked on a link to a post of mine that someone had Liked, I was taken to my post. I doubt if this helps you, except that it suggests that the problem is somewhere on your system or profile. Good luck.
Thanks, mystery solved. It does eventually redirect from the first page of the thread to the correct page but not until all the ads have loaded which on my slightly older iPad takes about 25 seconds. So I guess the answer is, be more patient or buy a new tablet.

Your post did help, in that reading it distracted me for long enough for the redirect to happen instead of instantly closing the tab.
Old May 4, 2023, 6:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by _kurt
[...] it distracted me for long enough for the redirect to happen instead of instantly closing the tab.
I fully understand being impatient.

Maybe three decades ago, I heard a joke something like this. The hardware engineers are trying to make computers faster, and the software engineers are trying to make computers slower. So far, the software engineers are winning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.