Wiki Posts
Search

Logging in issue

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2023, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Cool Logging in issue

While traveling internationally and having only my phone, I was unable to login (my correct login credentials were rejected repeatedly; I have no idea why) and I was therefore unable to post to get the help I needed with a travel problem. I ended up using "Forgot Password," but the email I was sent has not worked. That email mis-stated my username (leaving off the last two letters). Now that I'm home I'm back on my computer, the FlyerTalk site still recognizes me while using Safari. But when I try to log in using a different browser or using a different device, I'm unable to log in with my correct username and password, or with the incorrect username and substitute password provided in the "Forgot Password" email, or with any combination thereof.

Can someone help me reset things so that I can log in with my correct username?

Thanks.
Old May 6, 2023, 1:58 am

There is a user named mglvr who joined the forum on the same day as you - 29th December 2008 - and has never posted, but was seen browsing just a week ago. Could you have two accounts and mixed up email addresses/sign on information?
dansachs likes this.
Old May 6, 2023, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
There is a user named mglvr who joined the forum on the same day as you - 29th December 2008 - and has never posted, but was seen browsing just a week ago. Could you have two accounts and mixed up email addresses/sign on information?
Could be! I was pretty ignorant when I first got started. How do I straighten this out???
Old May 6, 2023, 7:01 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Internet Brands staff will take a look at this thread on Monday.

@IBJoel

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Tech Support forum
Old May 6, 2023, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Many thanks, cblaisd.
Old May 8, 2023, 9:40 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Deleted mglvr and switched the email address on file for that account to your current account
Old May 8, 2023, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Success!

Many thanks, IBJoel. You did it, and I'm most grateful for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.