FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Not receiving subscribed threads email summaries or PM notification emails (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/2102502-not-receiving-subscribed-threads-email-summaries-pm-notification-emails.html)

ikwia Nov 30, 2022 1:47 am

Not receiving subscribed threads email summaries or PM notification emails

This is the second day in a row. I haven't received email summaries of my subscribed threads. Is this something specific to my account or is it affecting everyone?

TWA Guy Nov 30, 2022 7:16 am

Same here!!!

TropicalTripper Nov 30, 2022 9:35 am

Subscription Notification Emails Stopped

Starting yesterday, I stopped receiving subscription notification emails for no apparent reason. I receive anywhere from 4-10 daily subscription notifications. When I look at my subscription notification settings, I see them all there, showing daily. Furthermore, there are new posts on most of the threads, so it's not due to a lack of activity. I also checked my junkmail. Any suggestions?

IBJoel Nov 30, 2022 11:26 am

Ensure your email is whitelisting FlyerTalk. I can't find a commonality in your emails and I was able to receive my subscribed daily forums/instant tech forum posts emails

ikwia Nov 30, 2022 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 34796337)
Ensure your email is whitelisting FlyerTalk. I can't find a commonality in your emails and I was able to receive my subscribed daily forums/instant tech forum posts emails

No filtering involved in my situation. Either the emails aren't being sent to me or there's a communication problem between the Flyertalk email server and my MX. Multiple people had the problem start at the same time so it seems there is something systemic and not unique to my situation.

I am motivated to help solve this, so let me know what I can do to help troubleshoot. One thing to start with might be for someone to send me a PM to see if I get email notification of that.

I didn't realize I could send PMs to myself. I just did, and received the email notification. So either the problem is fixed (we won't know until tomorrow morning) or it affects the subscription emails but not other emails comms.

BillMorrow Nov 30, 2022 9:35 pm

I am having the same issue. Initially, I attributed the problem to my changing domain hosts yesterday. Now I am not sure.

shelly67 Dec 1, 2022 1:21 am

I'm having the exact same problem....... this is the 3rd day now with no emails. I have tried re-subscribing to forum subjects yesterday but that didn't help.

MileTrek Dec 1, 2022 6:01 am

Having the same issue. I did receive one "instant" subscription for a thread yesterday but all my daily subscriptions are nowhere to be found

NovaEngr Dec 1, 2022 6:47 am

Just another data point: no daily emails here either. Topics did have new posts. Last subscribed thread emails were received on Monday.

SFO 1K Dec 1, 2022 7:02 am

Adding myself to the list. I'm not getting daily subscription emails. I am getting instant notification emails on those threads where I asked to be notified immediately. It's just the overnight ones that are not coming through.

ikwia Dec 1, 2022 8:26 am

As suggested by the series of posts before this one, the problem still remains. Unless a different email server is used to send the overnight updates than the other types of emails that users have reported receiving. It seems to be a problem with the overnight process and not anything related to the email system itself

IBJoel Dec 1, 2022 9:38 am

I've been getting my daily round up emails, is the the thing (on top of instant notifications)

ikwia Dec 1, 2022 9:47 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 34798937)
I've been getting my daily round up emails, is the the thing (on top of instant notifications)

Noted, but a collection of users suddenly stopped receiving them on the same day.

I am not sure what setting you're asking me to check.

IBJoel Dec 1, 2022 1:59 pm

OK I basically took everyone's email address and sent them to tech, explaining the problem

IBJoel Dec 1, 2022 5:24 pm

Could someone please forward me one of the daily emails to [email protected] ?