Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Disruptive 2020 Ads on Mobile Devices

Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
There are separate threads for mobile devices as well as for disruptive advertisements and for browser redirects / hijacks, as well as other technical issues. Thank you for keeping the thread on topic and assisting Tech to identify, troubleshoot and deal with bugs in this latest iteration of FlyerTalk for mobile devices.

cblaisd and JDiver, forum Co-Moderators

PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content on your MOBILE devicePlease refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

We apologize for bad ads; these often come through third party ad servers placing insufficiently vetted ads through our advertisement content providers. We continuously strive to address and solve this widespread issue more proactively and quickly. Thank you for alerting us and for your patience!

Please see this Wired article for further reading on this ongoing publishing industry issue (it's not just FlyerTalk):
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2019 posts

Link to Archive of 2018 posts.

Link to Archive of 2017 posts

Link to Archive of older posts pre-2017.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Disruptive 2020 Ads on Mobile Devices

Old Jan 3, 2020, 10:26 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by MrDplus
I keep getting this one myself on a MacBook using macOS Catalina v. 10.15.2 and Safari v. 13.0.4.

It makes this site somewhat unusable.
Does it block out the URL, too?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by IBJoel
It re-directs from flyertalk.com to a pirate site. Timing is random from between one minute after sign-in to one hour at most. Normally get several redirects per hour. I can compile a list of redirected url's if you need them too.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:18 pm

Just got a redirect to this pirate site: Flash Player Download (looks like the bbs converted it for posting)

It displays the screen in post 140.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
It leads to http://zuenx.eyxudis.pw/

At least that's the more recent one... I'll keep checking...
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Me too; every few minutes for the last couple of days. MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.2 and Safari 13.0.4. Browsing from USA.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:32 pm

https ://cntresisis.info/osx/index.php?lpkey=150578fb165165c632&clickid=83556us a38rp26d5&uclick=usa38rp2#

Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Make this junk stop! Y'all are ruining FT
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Here it is with the URL
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
The FlyerTalk site is essentially unusable now because of these repeated hijackings.

Flyertalk Staff: Are you able to fix this? I'm ready top delete my membership.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:15 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by tvhead
The FlyerTalk site is essentially unusable now because of these repeated hijackings.

We report each hijack to our security software as it occurs. Obviously, we are out on the weekends, so those get tackled Monday. If you are getting unique ones that haven't been posted in this thread, I urge you to post screenshots and the approximate time you received them.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by tvhead

The hijackings are symptoms of a malware attack which may have come from an unrelated site.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by ajGoes
The hijackings are symptoms of a malware attack which may have come from an unrelated site.
While that is one possible vector, the fact that the redirects occur for many of us only on this site mean it is far more likely to be the result of a malicious ad. Even the FT administrators in the thread admit as much.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:17 pm

This ONLY happens on FT. It is a FT problem most likely.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:50 pm

https: //cntresisis.info/osx/index.php?lpkey=156178bd3572832b64&clickid=61038us g5a98r622&uclick=usg5a98r#

Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:57 pm
GRG

Programs: DL SM
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Make this junk stop! Y'all are ruining FT
I'm getting this exact same screen constantly on Safari (MacOS 10.15.2), it's driving me NUTS! I had to open up Terminal and edit my hosts file to block it.

G

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.