Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Disruptive 2020 Ads on Mobile Devices

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
There are separate threads for mobile devices as well as for disruptive advertisements and for browser redirects / hijacks, as well as other technical issues. Thank you for keeping the thread on topic and assisting Tech to identify, troubleshoot and deal with bugs in this latest iteration of FlyerTalk for mobile devices.

cblaisd and JDiver, forum Co-Moderators

PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, OPERATING SYSTEM, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSIONS, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content on your MOBILE devicePlease refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

We apologize for bad ads; these often come through third party ad servers placing insufficiently vetted ads through our advertisement content providers. We continuously strive to address and solve this widespread issue more proactively and quickly. Thank you for alerting us and for your patience!

Please see this Wired article for further reading on this ongoing publishing industry issue (it's not just FlyerTalk):
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts advocating, suggesting, or recommending use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of 2019 posts

Link to Archive of 2018 posts.

Link to Archive of 2017 posts

Link to Archive of older posts pre-2017.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Disruptive 2020 Ads on Mobile Devices

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: WN, UA, AA
Ads take up mot of the screen. The site is unusable
iPad pro (9.7in) iOS 13.3. Chrome

Last edited by lvovsky; Jan 19, 2020 at 9:10 am Reason: iOS info added
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:21 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by lvovsky
Ads take up mot of the screen. The site is unusable
iPad pro (9.7in) iOS 13.3. Chrome
You need to either switch to landscape orientation or (better yet), scroll to the bottom and change to mobile skin
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
They're back

Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:04 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Tanic
They're back

Is this the first one you've encountered?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Is this the first one you've encountered?
Yes, this one is new as of today. It occurred several times in different FT forums. I haven't seen the frequent Adobe scam ads in a couple of months.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 7:22 pm

And another in the WN forum

Old Apr 22, 2020, 9:52 am
Administrator

I've reported both to our security team
Old Apr 24, 2020, 1:47 pm

Haven't seen the Banner Health gray out ads in a couple of days!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:51 pm

Spoke too soon. Instead of gray out ads, now FT is completely covered in black. Weird thing is, that the url doesn't change.

Old Apr 30, 2020, 8:53 am
Administrator

Spoke too soon. Instead of gray out ads, now FT is completely covered in black. Weird thing is, that the url doesn't change.

Thanks Tanic, I'll report it.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 8:54 am
Administrator

Actually, are you able to give me the URL? That might help
Old Apr 30, 2020, 9:05 am

Actually, are you able to give me the URL? That might help
When the ad appeared last night it was on this very page https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...l#post32337535

When the fake Adobe ads were appearing last month, the url would actually change.

edit: just got another Banner ad on this url Load Factor: 6%

Last edited by Tanic; Apr 30, 2020 at 9:11 am
Old May 2, 2020, 11:48 pm

The Banner Health ads are coming so rapidly now, once per minute, that it is making viewing FlyerTalk virtually unusable.

I have emptied the cache, Deleted FT and Banner cookies. It gets worse. Now there ads on top of ads, obscuring the FT website. This does not occur on another website.

Old May 4, 2020, 8:31 am
Administrator

The Banner Health ads are coming so rapidly now, once per minute, that it is making viewing FlyerTalk virtually unusable.

I have emptied the cache, Deleted FT and Banner cookies. It gets worse. Now there ads on top of ads, obscuring the FT website. This does not occur on another website.
Thank you. I understand that that's incredibly frustrating. What country are you accessing FT from? Is it possible to copy/paste the URL to where that ad leads? If you right click on it, you should have that option without going to the ad's site.
Old May 4, 2020, 11:04 am

Thank you. I understand that that's incredibly frustrating. What country are you accessing FT from? Is it possible to copy/paste the URL to where that ad leads? If you right click on it, you should have that option without going to the ad's site.
Accessing from USA. The last couple of ads rendered these frame sources from the Southwest Airlines forum just a few minutes ago. Hope this leads to the culprit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.