Leave Site popup? & Full CKEditor

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Leave Site popup? & Full CKEditor

I just starting getting a popup window on Flyertalk stating "Leave Site? Changes you made may not be saved." I have to click OK to get to another page.

Is it just me? How do I get rid of this? This is on a PC using Chrome.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:28 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by stimpy
I just starting getting a popup window on Flyertalk stating "Leave Site? Changes you made may not be saved." I have to click OK to get to another page.

Is it just me? How do I get rid of this? This is on a PC using Chrome.
If you have clicked into a text box, you'll get this. It's to prevent you from losing your work.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBJoel
If you have clicked into a text box, you'll get this. It's to prevent you from losing your work.
No, the behavior that started today happens without clicking into any text box or making any changes.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:52 am

I am getting this exact same behavior. It started for me yesterday. It is extremely annoying! FWIW, I am using Firefox version 73 beta 7.

This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I've been posting about this in another thread (see today's posts from here: Introducing FlyerTalk's NEW Filtered Forum Homepage!).

It prompts me to ask: are you using the basic text editor box, or the enhanced editor?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:11 am
Administrator

Hi guys, while I have reported this to tech, it is only effecting users who have "basic editor" enabled. If you switch to "Full CKEditor", you won't get it (and honestly, you'll probably be making your life a little easier, unless you're hand-coding all your formatting). Thanks to Globaliser in a different thread for giving us the information needed to tackle this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hi guys, while I have reported this to tech, it is only effecting users who have "basic editor" enabled. If you switch to "Full CKEditor", you won't get it (and honestly, you'll probably be making your life a little easier, unless you're hand-coding all your formatting). Thanks to Globaliser in a different thread for giving us the information needed to tackle this.
Yes I use the basic editor and do all my own formatting. When the CK editor first was released I did not like it at all. Maybe it has improved? I can try it again. But in any case please fix the bug with the basic editor.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:48 am

I have switched to the CK editor. Like with stimpy, I recall not liking it, but I cannot remember why. So I will try it again.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:49 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes I use the basic editor and do all my own formatting. When the CK editor first was released I did not like it at all. Maybe it has improved? I can try it again. But in any case please fix the bug with the basic editor.
The thing I personally like about the CKEditor is that I can press "Source" and it switches to code, which I can then edit a little more directly. But yes, we are trying to fix that basic editor bug.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The thing I personally like about the CKEditor is that I can press "Source" and it switches to code, which I can then edit a little more directly. But yes, we are trying to fix that basic editor bug.
I didn't know about that function, thanks. That might make this user-friendly enough to use.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:12 pm
Administrator

This appeared to be fixed with the Basic editor.

Still working on it
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
I am sitting getting this pop up --how do I switch from Basic editor to CK editor?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This appeared to be fixed with the Basic editor.
Still working on it
You look to be having the same issue I have with 1 post, where bolding is not working/not sticking after an edit

Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
I am sitting getting this pop up --how do I switch from Basic editor to CK editor?
Control Panel---> Settings & Options--> Edit Options
I am getting that leave page pop up.
===
Using FF 72.01 Win 8.1 with all upgrades
Have tried basic editor and "Full CKEditor". With these lastest changes the basic editor seem better
For many posts I code by hand in MSWord and copy & paste. The software changes have, to me, made the full CKEdit far less useful/harder and codes are now hidden. "Source" helps a little. Overall its was LOT better 48 hours ago.

If it ain't broke don't fix it
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Thanks--Mwenenzi!!
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:05 am

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Control Panel---> Settings & Options--> Edit Options
Shortcut in case anyone needs it:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
JDiver and IBJoel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.