Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to post photos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2021, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
The file uploader does have URL copy/paste, so shouldn't need to do too terribly much
Having to do that 20+ times is non-trivial. I just spent an hour running through this exercise, while generating the original, bbcode took all of 5 minutes.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IBJoel
You didn't. You used Imgur and [img ] tags, which then became outdated because Imgur now uses https, whereas you used http. I manually changed all of them.
Most of the photos seem to be gone again? I'm not sure what happened.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Photo tool does not work. It gets cut off by new top bar. Cannot add images. Very annoying.
tigertanaka and sexykitten7 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Photo tool does not work. It gets cut off by new top bar. Cannot add images. Very annoying.
There is a picture tutorial in this post: A comprehensive guide to clicking the upload button, which is unnecessarily complicated.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
Far too complicated (though thanks for sharing - I am glad I am not the only one).

I'm just going to use the old [IMG ... /IMG] system when putting in photos.

This is a silly and stupid problem. Simple solution: revert to the old header until it can be resolved without inspecting the code.
narvik likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
The banner is nice and all, but it's all form over function; it cuts off the area where one has to click to post a picture.

Used the INSPECT, "Global header", DELETE NODE method to upload this screen shot.
I wouldn't call this user friendly, or particularly aesthetically pleasing!!

MatthewLAX likes this.

Last edited by narvik; Oct 25, 2021 at 4:34 am
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I find pretty much every time I press "reply to thread", or the arrow for the last post in a topic, the Web page on my Android phone (Chrome) freezes for 15 secs minimum.
May or may not suddenly do something after that point.

Sometimes the same thing when composing a message. The cursor vanishes whilst the page is locked up.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why not remove the ridiculous new banner which is causing so many problems? Is there no fix for this problem beyond breaking down the code?
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:45 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Why not remove the ridiculous new banner which is causing so many problems? Is there no fix for this problem beyond breaking down the code?
If you disable infinite scrolling under "Edit Option" in MyFlyerTalk, you can scroll down until the banner disappears; then, there are no issues with uploading images.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you disable infinite scrolling under "Edit Option" in MyFlyerTalk, you can scroll down until the banner disappears; then, there are no issues with uploading images.
Thanks. Will try this. Please let us know, though, when infinite scrolling can be restored while keeping the ability to post pictures.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 7:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
Infinite scroll worked thanks..

Last edited by JfromTheBay; Oct 30, 2021 at 7:55 pm
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Last night I can't upload one capture screen with my post (and almost gived up) until I checked the flyertalk forum tech, and stopped the infinite scroll mode, how can be this automatic settings so unfriendly activated or this banner activated without consideration about that problem ?

Not everybody have skill with technology, maybe it will be great that the FT technical staff think a little more about it (we call that ergonomy ).
Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:42 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Trying to upload a photo in a review and am getting an error "check server permissions"... anybody going through the same? Temp issue or has it been going on awhile? Or could it be on my end (tried multiple photos, less than 2 megs, also tried different browsers)
Old Nov 6, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Far too complicated (though thanks for sharing - I am glad I am not the only one).

I'm just going to use the old [IMG ... /IMG] system when putting in photos.

This is a silly and stupid problem. Simple solution: revert to the old header until it can be resolved without inspecting the code.
TWA884, thanks for the "Disable infinite scrolling" idea, that seems to have stop the banner from blocking the uploading images button.

Still, I agree with MatthewLAX, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. 🤦

I'm certainly not going to run to imgur or flickr to upload couple photos then do all the extra coding junk to help someone answer a 5 sec question.
Like here
Finnair A350 XWB master thread

Now a TR, I would use imgur or flickr because TR have to be drafted in advance.
Simple post replies, I don't
Old Nov 29, 2021, 5:20 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Duplicate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.