Search

"Ask a Question" widget -- report issues or questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:19 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
"Ask a Question" widget -- report issues or questions here

Use this thread to report issues or questions with the new "Ask a Question" box.

Last edited by IBobi; Sep 13, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If I understand this widget correctly, it's IB's attempt to corral more users to FT via google search who didn't know FT existed. If the newbies didn't know FT existed, do you really think they're going to find the very obscure Tech Support forum to report a bug/issue? Current FT users aren't going to ask questions via the widget; they'll just ask them in the forums as they normally do.

Cheers.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:14 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
This thread is not just for the users of the widget to report issues, but any other users who see issues with it.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
This thread is not just for the users of the widget to report issues, but any other users who see issues with it.
While I appreciate the give us your feedback on all 'enhancements' (after the fact/implementation, which is the de facto IB mode of operandi), on this one I'm truly confused.

Someone stumbling across FT via google 'might' post a question/do the siddebar thing, but FTers who are 'already' registered are going to post in their own particular forums because they're already familiar w/ the forums vs some little sidebar.

But much worse for goodness sake, when I follow the link in the global announcement it takes me to this thread that says report 'issues'here. Seriously legit question) is that the way you want FTers, new or old, to find this new option - as in, we have a new feature, follow it here & tell us if we have any screw ups? Confused.

Cheers.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"your question will be posted in" [forum]
it will appear like a thread ?

edit - ah, it leads to >

Almost There!
Remember Me?
Forgot your Password?
New User?
Register
its free and easy

Back to question

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 15, 2018 at 6:11 am
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If I understand this widget correctly, it's IB's attempt to corral more users to FT via google search who didn't know FT existed. If the newbies didn't know FT existed, do you really think they're going to find the very obscure Tech Support forum to report a bug/issue? Current FT users aren't going to ask questions via the widget; they'll just ask them in the forums as they normally do.

Cheers.
I don't believe the widget itself does anything to impact google search results. I guess it's just meant to make it easier for a new visitor to register and post a question. I'm not sure the current process to register & post was that hard to begin with but I suppose a pop-up box would draw the eye a bit more.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
While I appreciate the give us your feedback on all 'enhancements' (after the fact/implementation, which is the de facto IB mode of operandi), on this one I'm truly confused.

Someone stumbling across FT via google 'might' post a question/do the siddebar thing, but FTers who are 'already' registered are going to post in their own particular forums because they're already familiar w/ the forums vs some little sidebar.

But much worse for goodness sake, when I follow the link in the global announcement it takes me to this thread that says report 'issues'here. Seriously legit question) is that the way you want FTers, new or old, to find this new option - as in, we have a new feature, follow it here & tell us if we have any screw ups? Confused.

Cheers.
Where else would feedback go if not the support forum?

I tested it, and it seems to work fine, FWIW.
IBobi likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by 84fiero

Where else would feedback go if not the support forum?
If someone is brand new to FT & wants to post a question, being directed to a forum saying report issues or questions here isn't the first best impression of FT IMO I don't really care one way or the other, but do find it truly odd.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.