Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Green popup: "Are you enjoying FlyerTalk?" -- yes, this is from FT :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Green popup: "Are you enjoying FlyerTalk?" -- yes, this is from FT :)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm getting it on every page no matter how I respond--saying yes or no or just closing it. It is REALLY annoying and I hope that it will be removed permanently.
simonrp84 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:18 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by mglvrug
I'm getting it on every page no matter how I respond--saying yes or no or just closing it. It is REALLY annoying and I hope that it will be removed permanently.
Make sure your browser is accepting cookies...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IBobi
Make sure your browser is accepting cookies...
It does.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by mglvrug
It does.
I think the only way it could appear every page is if you are not accepting cookies, or if you're deleting them on every refresh. Since this behavior is not being reported widely, your browser is the likely suspect.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I'm not seeing the survey pop-up at all
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
I think the only way it could appear every page is if you are not accepting cookies, or if you're deleting them on every refresh. Since this behavior is not being reported widely, your browser is the likely suspect.
I'm seeing the same thing that mglvrug is reporting. Same device and I get the pop-up every time I visit the site. It is, however, only once per session. By that I mean that once I completely close my browser and re-open it, I get the pop-up again.

I definitively accept cookies and I do not delete them automatically. So, I don't think it's us...it's an issue on your side.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:23 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by 84fiero
I'm not seeing the survey pop-up at all
Neither am I but I also have an ad-blocker installed and I have my browser set to block pop-up windows
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:44 am

What is the popup supposed to do and how should we use it? Usually I ignore garbage like that but for the sake of this thread, I tried it out. The dialog is very old school. I got radio buttons for Yes & No and expected an immediate response after clicking them but I had to click Next. Then I got a link to some survey website (never heard of it before). I had to hit another Next button to move forward and it ended with a long like on the page and some text like "Sent". It's been about ten minutes and no e-mail has arrived.

So I have no idea what this was about or what just happened. Just some weird dialog popped on my screen, I followed it. Like those Nigerian scam schemes, where they kind of made sense but the English is off, the dialog doesn't work right and leads me nowhere.

BAU for the IB, I'm afraid.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Why not just put a link to the survey in the announcement sticky and get rid of the popups?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The site-wide announcement says are you happy (which could be anything - am I happy w/ my life, am I happy that the flight is on time, etc), yet the survey says are you enjoying FT? I'd suggest changing the sitewide announcement to what the survey line is. Might get more responses.

Cheers.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by goalie
Neither am I but I also have an ad-blocker installed and I have my browser set to block pop-up windows
I turned ad-blocker off, popups enabled, cleared cookies/cache, signed out then back in - still not seeing it.

Originally Posted by Smaug
Why not just put a link to the survey in the announcement sticky and get rid of the popups?
Agreed. Happy to provide feedback but why make it so wonky and weird? Or apparently, unusable for some? Or why not have more than one method to get to it?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:51 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
The survey is only being served to a percentage of our traffic, so there is the possibility you never get it. If you say "Yes/No" and still get it, try clicking on the link it displays after you press the initial choice. I did that and it has not shown up for me since.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
The survey is only being served to a percentage of our traffic, so there is the possibility you never get it.
The announcement wasn't really clear that it may never be seen by some...sounded to me just like each of us may not see it with every page but we all would be seeing it at some point.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:53 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by 84fiero
The announcement wasn't really clear that it may never be seen by some...sounded to me just like each of us may not see it with every page but we all would be seeing it at some point.
This precise information was not made available to us at the time of posting/launch, but we do say it appears "semi-randomly".
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:10 pm

FYI, as of this morning, it's been turned off. We hit the desired number of replies. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.