Search

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:29 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by adobbing
Is there any way of me reverting to how the forums worked last year?
I can’t use this new format, it just doesn’t function on my iPhone in a way that I can work with.
I struggle to enter text as the cursor disappears every time I enter something and it won’t let me edit posts I have made, as it refuses to let me scroll down to the bit I want to edit.

is there an easy way to revert to the old functionality as this is truly awful?
I encourage you to use the mobile site, which is optimized for your iphone. Just scroll to the bottom and click VIEW MOBILE SITE.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I cleared the cache and the like feature worked, for awhile.

I am not ready, however, to assume a cause-and-effect relationship, as the like feature is now again not working.

I am more inclined to suspect some other random factor is at play.

Either way, I do not regard the need to periodically clear my cache to be a suitable resolution to the problem.

--- Signed: Beta Tester 10397
I have not yet "liked" anything during this session. But, I repeatedly attempted to like this post. Total fail.

As I said, this is not a manifestation of the horrible reformatting. This existed long before.
It seems to be an intermittent issue for me.
I wanted to "Like" this post, but the same problem with the "Like" functions exists with this new formatting... that is, after you like 1 or 2 posts, the Like feature stops working. I have logged out of FT and come back in and it still doesn't work.

A good example of how IB is putting form over function.

IB should stop fixating on rolling out a new formatting that only a small minority like and, instead, focus on making the site work.
Successfully "Liked" one post.

Then, same thread, one post below the "liked" post, 60 seconds later... the "Like" will not take, no matter how many times I try or how long I wait.

I do not intend to clear my cache each time I return to FT.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Edited to add...

Left here and went back to DL forum.

Successfully "liked" the post I could not "like" 5 minutes previously.

But, 30 seconds later, tried to "like" another posts in the same thread.

The "like" would not stick.

You have a problem.

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Apr 6, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by IBobi
I encourage you to use the mobile site, which is optimized for your iphone. Just scroll to the bottom and click VIEW MOBILE SITE.
I am and have been, it’s hideously awful

All the problems I have described are using the mobile site.

[Redacted per FT rules on profanity]
beltway and enviroian like this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Apr 6, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Just going to be annoying about the font. Returning to black would be neat. The grey makes me think that either my glasses are dirty, or my contacts are dry.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:03 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Just going to be annoying about the font. Returning to black would be neat. The grey makes me think that either my glasses are dirty, or my contacts are dry.
It's been requested of our techs.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I don't think this has been mentioned before, and a search of this thread for the word "announcement" didn't turn it up:

Why is the font of the announcement on the forum index page so much smaller than the font used for the titles of threads (both sticky and regular? Here's what I mean:

IMHO, they should be the same size.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not seeing the issue -- can you explain?
Sure - if you look at the top left of the screen cap (post #564 ), you’ll see the title of the thread I just replied to - “Delta cancels my seat” or something. Normally, there is a full “file path” with the forum name and thread title, and you can click on the forum name there to jump back to the main forum (Delta Airlines in this case). But on the iPad using Safari, there’s only the thread title.

And if you scroll down to the bottom, there is no option either. There is the “forum jump” pull down menu, but it already has the current thread highlighted, and there’s no “go” button in this incarnation, so you can only jump to another forum, not the one you’re already in.

ETA - Hmm, so after posting this reply, I do see the full “file path” in the floating bar at the top of the screen. I’ll keep my eye out for other posts.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here’s a new one (I think). Sub-forums aren’t displayed properly in the main forum list. Here, the AF and KL forums should be indented.
Ugh, well it’s not showing my screen cap in the post.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I encourage you to use the mobile site, which is optimized for your iphone.
“Optimized for your iPhone.” Which is why it is really lousy that you guys keep insisting that the desktop site is not supported on “mobile devices” and tell us to use the mobile skin on our iPads that are as big or bigger than some laptop screens, not to mention people that run windowed on desktop.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
40 pages into this thread, I really wish it included a straw poll on how people felt about it, but I'm sure that would quickly be shot down by the IB verlords because the response has been overwhelmingly negative. Seriously, a thread in a usually quiet subforum achieving 40 pages of comments in 2 weeks? Now that's impressive!
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
... Seriously, a thread in a usually quiet subforum achieving 40 pages of comments in 2 weeks? Now that's impressive!
Indeed. 594 posts and 13,500 views and no sign of slowing.

And progress of the items on the priority list?
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I've asked tech to prioritize text sizing problems
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi

Shall we have an over/under bet on how many more FT "enhancements" there will be between now and Oz fest?!

My first priority would be a "restore" button but I know that's not every likely.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
40 pages into this thread, I really wish it included a straw poll on how people felt about it, but I'm sure that would quickly be shot down by the IB verlords because the response has been overwhelmingly negative. Seriously, a thread in a usually quiet subforum achieving 40 pages of comments in 2 weeks? Now that's impressive!
And think of the number of accidental advert clicks it’s generated! IB must be rubbing their hands in glee
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi

So 0.00204239889% of posts on FlyerTalk have been devoted to this issue.

Also, according to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=1900802, 196 individual FTers have posted in this thread. In other words, 0.0276062948% of members have felt passionately enough about this topic to comment on it. Even if you take the conventional forum wisdom that about 10% of members are actually active, then 0.276062948% of active members have commented on this topic.

In other words, 99.723937052% of members just don't care.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Or alternatively most of them would like to complain about it, but can’t be bothered with the pain involved in actually using the forum to voice their views!

That’s if they even knew this thread existed!
beltway likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.