Search

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 5:32 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by JBD
I saw upthread that this issue was already brought to your attention, and I've noticed that some posts now show hyperlinks underlined in blue.

But there are still posts where the hyperlinks are indistinguishable from the regular text.

Example: in this thread's wiki there are 10 embedded links:
FCO to Rome transportation options

Will this be remedied? Or am I supposed to go back through all of my posts and change the formatting of the hyperlinks myself?

(I have only read through the first several pages of this thread, so maybe you've already addressed this in subsequent posts. If so, perhaps someone can please post a link to that reply?)
We are still working on hyperlinks in wikiposts.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
"Testing with one user is 100% better than testing with none."
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by chermorg
Any large website making large changes should have on-call staff to deal with issues with a rollout. But that is the least of the issues with how this rollout was handled.
Any large website should have someone on-call 24/7 to deal not just with issues from changes but also emergencies.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Thumbs down Still using gray instead of black, I see....

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Not only is there too much white space, but it seems the default font color is medium gray instead of black. Using light-colored lettering (on a white background) is NOT GOOD for readability!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Thanks for (re)pointing this out. I am slowly and steadily building up a tampermonkey script to get FT back into a usable state for me and this one had escaped my notice.

What other color changes would be good?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by kipper
Any large website should have someone on-call 24/7 to deal not just with issues from changes but also emergencies.
As much as some of y'all
hate the changes hate the changes
, I really think it's quite a stretch to say that anything that's been brought up is an emergency.
pvn and intuition like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Absolutely awful!

it is now seemingly impossible to use with an iPhone.
Editing posts is impossible and viewing a post is a game of cat and mouse with adverts obscuring text.

please make it usable again!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jackal
As much as some of y'all hate the changes, I really think it's quite a stretch to say that anything that's been brought up is an emergency.
Nope, it is more like this:

And it is literally some paint and topical stuff that should be easily remedied.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:25 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
"Testing with one user is 100% better than testing with none."
They're testing with all the users.

Honestly, I'm not sure why everyone is so up in arms about the changes. if you don't like it, just ask for a refund.
Xyzzy and intuition like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:33 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by JBD
I saw upthread that this issue was already brought to your attention, and I've noticed that some posts now show hyperlinks underlined in blue.

But there are still posts where the hyperlinks are indistinguishable from the regular text.

Example: in this thread's wiki there are 10 embedded links:
FCO to Rome transportation options

Will this be remedied? Or am I supposed to go back through all of my posts and change the formatting of the hyperlinks myself?

(I have only read through the first several pages of this thread, so maybe you've already addressed this in subsequent posts. If so, perhaps someone can please post a link to that reply?)
To my knowledge, this is only effecting wikiposts, at this point and we are working to remedy, yes.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:36 pm
Administrator

Could you attach a screenshot? It appears black to me.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:37 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by adobbing
Absolutely awful!
it is now seemingly impossible to use with an iPhone.
Editing posts is impossible and viewing a post is a game of cat and mouse with adverts obscuring text.
please make it usable again!
Are you using the desktop skin on your iPad?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Are you using the desktop skin on your iPad?
I’m trying to use my IPhone, what is the desktop skin and will it make anything better?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pvn
They're testing with all the users.

Honestly, I'm not sure why everyone is so up in arms about the changes. if you don't like it, just ask for a refund.
I'm surprised it took so long for someone to say this (maybe I missed it earlier in the thread)

I think it's entirely valid to point out that we don't pay for this.

At the same time, depending how long something has been on FT etc there is a sense of community, people may feel different levels of attachment and so on, such that there is frictional cost you leaving and finding another similar environment. So I think it's also valid for people to be annoyed.

Plus, viewed another way, if the whole Web 2.0 thing means the users are the product, being sold to advertisers, then it behooves FT to keep its livestock happy...
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
So, I've looked thru the last 5-6 pages, but didn't see an answer- is there a way (yet) to reduce the font size? I feel like I stepped into the "LARGE SIZE TEXT" version of FT (and it's much less readable as a result) ...!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.