Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by IBobi
Can you try clearing your browser cache and try again?
I cleared the cache and the like feature worked, for awhile.

I am not ready, however, to assume a cause-and-effect relationship, as the like feature is now again not working.

I am more inclined to suspect some other random factor is at play.

Either way, I do not regard the need to periodically clear my cache to be a suitable resolution to the problem.

--- Signed: Beta Tester 10397
84fiero, wrp96 and Kiara like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm still not seeing wikis in mobile.
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Will push tech team on this.
Thanks, they are back now (though there is still the unfortunate interaction with infinite scroll that forces you to go to the first page before you can scroll to the top and actually view a wiki )
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
I am not a fan of the changes. Far too much white space and scrolling about to see things.
Would Opt-in the FT old style even be an option? Maybe soon, please?
cruisr and kennycrudup like this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:33 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by 1984SW
Oh. I thought that was a heart in a box, an couldn't for the life of me understand what it was trying to indicate! LOL!

Another request: Can you somehow better distinguish the page number being viewed?

Current:

Maybe another dash of the signature blue? Something to make the page number stand out more to be more recognizable at at glance.
One further refinement requested: Please make the entire block for a page number click-able. Right now you have to home in on the number itself.
beltway and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Ever since the 'new and improved' style update, I've been getting massive CPU usage again when trying to reply to threads. Seems the change also re-broke the disruptive ads.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
The infinite scroll is annoying. When I press page down, it gets stuck downloading. I like the old format that it downloads entire pages at a time and you can toggle back and forth. Real annoying.

The top bar the appears when you point at the top or you press page up. Please leave it static.

All these dynamic functions are annoying and make page slower.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by milepig
Can you tell us how? I can't find it to save my life.
Find the "edit ptions" page from within My Flyertalk and de-select "infinite scroll" from there. It is about 2/3 down the page.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Buster
Hi - just wanted to bump this back up. The sizes are still really small and actually hard to click on because they are so small.
+1

The odd mish-mash of font sizes and particularly the illogically small sizes note above are about the only thing I dislike about the new theme, aside from it being bright enough that my laptop screen could serve as a replacement for a lighthouse.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:47 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by flashware
Any further thoughts on notifications not being received? Is there any form of mail test we can do to rule that out? I'm not seeing the e-mails even hit my hosted anti-spam solution...
I'll send you some emails to test this out.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:56 am

I'm still having huge problems with font sizes and readability.

Here's the font size of threads in a normal forum:

And here is what it looks like when you search (which I find to be too small and unreadable):
Silver Fox and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:07 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
I've asked tech to prioritize text sizing problems
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This has been stated before. And nothing has happened.
The small text size was mentioned in the early posts of this thread
Silver Fox and 84fiero like this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL GM
It is not just the weird sizing, it is the inconsistent sizing, even on the same page. Look at the Trending Threads page and tell me something isn't messed up. The thread titles are huge but the forum directory is barely readable on any sort of high res monitor. Just make them one or the other so we can at least zoom in or out to compensate evenly.

Also please don't forget about the sub-forum headers. Thread/Original Poster, Sticky Threads and Normal Threads should not be the same size as thread titles and definitely shouldn't be smaller than the actual sub-forum header. Either make them larger or put them in a contrasting cell. I'm on a calibrated monitor and even I can barely tell that those cells are slightly off-white. Even the Fodors forum, an IB joint, at least has the courtesy to have a contrasting color for sub-forum headers.

Fix those two things and I'll call it a win.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
I now visit FT only to check this thread and to briefly make sure I don't miss something in a single, solitary forum.

Someone please, and plausibly, tell me this isn't simply a way for [redacted] to have thousands of people--who clearly aren't willing to give up using FT over all this--to do the beta testing for [redacted].
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:45 pm
JBD

Some Hyperlinks Still Indistinguishable from Regular Text

I saw upthread that this issue was already brought to your attention, and I've noticed that some posts now show hyperlinks underlined in blue.

But there are still posts where the hyperlinks are indistinguishable from the regular text.

Example: in this thread's wiki there are 10 embedded links:
FCO to Rome transportation options

Will this be remedied? Or am I supposed to go back through all of my posts and change the formatting of the hyperlinks myself?

(I have only read through the first several pages of this thread, so maybe you've already addressed this in subsequent posts. If so, perhaps someone can please post a link to that reply?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.