Originally Posted by flyer4512
Ad block extension works.............just google it and install
Working fine now with ad block.
RumPatrol likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:24 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I find it instructive that the IB tech team quibles over how long the issue is present and directly contradict customers of FT. This is 101 "What not to do in a support service job".
Do you have a technical issue? What is it? When did it start?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I have a technical issue that hasn't been addressed. Posted in the "ridiculous CPU/RAM usage" thread, but here it is again. It's been happening for months and my conclusion is that it's due to the ad scripts that are running on FT.

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Thanks for fixing that other ad issues (secure.adnxs.com). However, FT is still a ridiculous resource hog in Chrome due to the ad scripts. This is FT memory usage with ad blocker turned OFF:

And this is memory usage with an ad blocker turned on:

The obvious conclusion is that the ad scripts on FT are significantly degrading not only the site user experience, but impacting the overall performance of our machines. This needs to be fixed.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I have a technical issue that hasn't been addressed. Posted in the "ridiculous CPU/RAM usage" thread, but here it is again. It's been happening for months and my conclusion is that it's due to the ad scripts that are running on FT.
This has been reported to my ad ops people. Hopefully at some point it improves. I don't have a workaround for you in the meantime, I'm sorry.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by IBobi
Hopefully at some point it improves.
Hope? Is that it?

Last year when the ads were out of control we were being told of a solution coming in 2018. Has it happened? Didn't it work? Or it hasn't happened yet? Or it's not happening at all?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Been experimenting with different browsers, and all crash, very often, but only when FT is open. IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I7 with 16gb ram, 256SSD for OS, and a 4TB for storage. Pretty sure my PC is solid...
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Been experimenting with different browsers, and all crash, very often, but only when FT is open. IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I7 with 16gb ram, 256SSD for OS, and a 4TB for storage. Pretty sure my PC is solid...
I'll report this again to tech.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Hope? Is that it?

Last year when the ads were out of control we were being told of a solution coming in 2018. Has it happened? Didn't it work? Or it hasn't happened yet? Or it's not happening at all?
That was specifically about the mobile ad popups/hijacks... have you seen any lately?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by IBobi
I'll report this again to tech.
I didn't take screen shots of memory usage, but they weren't what I would consider high for my pc, maybe 5% max regardless of browser. And that was with multiple tabs open within a browser. Your team is welcome to remote in and see if I'm missing something.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Pretty sure we were seeing some crypto currency mining going on from one of the ads. I've now enabled something to block ads for FT as this is the only site that this has ever happened - this was the second time within a few months. Fool me once...
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Of all the sites I frequently visit, this one is absolutely and unconditionally the worst! It is bad, Bad, BAD. Is there any hope at all that it will get better?
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sopwith
Of all the sites I frequently visit, this one is absolutely and unconditionally the worst! It is bad, Bad, BAD. Is there any hope at all that it will get better?
Hard to tell if anyone is listening to these complaints.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
It's definitely been an issue since the weekend, so, about 48 hours for me at a minimum.

Agree -- I am also getting occasional weird short bursts of autoplay audio, like something is trying to launch and being stopped, when on a page for longer than 60 seconds or so.
I have this issue, also if I'm on a page too long then the page is slow to respond. Why has these issues been going on this long???
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Some of the updates I like, I like the taskbar on top that appears without scrolling all the way to the top. BUT this sound bit that starts to play then stop been going on now for weeks...
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by zitsky
Hard to tell if anyone is listening to these complaints.
Easy, if you look for the red admin names replying to posts here, such as the posts 4 above yours

Last edited by IBobi; Feb 27, 2018 at 12:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.