Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Threads that always go back to post 1 on iPhone

Old Dec 31, 17, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK

I'm having issues with a few threads (in AA forum if it matters) where a thread that I have read always goes back to post 1 when I try to read new replies. It doesn't happen on most, but it seems to be happing more and more.

Using IOS on iPhone if that matters.

Since I'm posting I figure I might as well say that I always have issues typing a reply on my phone. The text box to type always scrolls up and hides the line I am currently typing. I can get around this sometimes by scrolling the entire page down a little but it doesn't always seem to work. Any ideas?
florens likes this.
Old Jan 1, 18, 2:15 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Head View Post
I'm having issues with a few threads (in AA forum if it matters) where a thread that I have read always goes back to post 1 when I try to read new replies. It doesn't happen on most, but it seems to be happing more and more.

Since I'm posting I figure I might as well say that I always have issues typing a reply on my phone. The text box to type always scrolls up and hides the line I am currently typing. I can get around this sometimes by scrolling the entire page down a little but it doesn't always seem to work. Any ideas?
Subscribing as Iíve also noticed this (also iPhone running mobile Safari).

For the second issue, I think the problem is that it adds a line break when you start a reply, so itís scrolling to what it thinks is the end. Tapping just below the text and then deleting the extra line fixes it for me.
Head and Whowouldanewman like this.
Old Jan 2, 18, 1:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond

I had reported the hidden cursor/hidden line before and thought I'd post it again as no fix has been provided yet.

I guess you mean this?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...g-reports.html
Old Jan 2, 18, 5:44 pm
Administrator

Can you link to a thread where it's happening?
Also, what method/button are you using to get to the latest posts?
Old Jan 4, 18, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

I probably should have said it always goes to post 1. Sometimes they do that. But the particular thread I was talking about when I posted this (and incorrectly said post 1) is below. This one always opens to post 16. Actually it's a pretty funny post though...

To open, I just click on the thread title. Most of the time this takes me to the first unread post. A small amount of times it takes me to post one and sometimes it takes me to a random post.

Why canít AA Cut EXP's a break on SWU's at time of ticketing?

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 6, 18 at 10:04 am Reason: Force link to work
Old Jan 4, 18, 5:00 pm
Administrator

I probably should have said it always goes to post 1. Sometimes they do that. But the particular thread I was talking about when I posted this (and incorrectly said post 1) is below. This one always opens to post 16. Actually it's a pretty funny post though...

To open, I just click on the thread title. Most of the time this takes me to the first unread post. A small amount of times it takes me to post one and sometimes it takes me to a random post.

Why canít AA Cut EXP's a break on SWU's at time of ticketing?
It might just be where you're clicking?

If you click the thread link, it should go to 1. If you click the little arrow (which is GO TO FIRST UNREAD) it will go to the last read post.
Old Jan 4, 18, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
It might just be where you're clicking?

If you click the thread link, it should go to 1. If you click the little arrow (which is GO TO FIRST UNREAD) it will go to the last read post.
On mobile there isnít that distinction - just clicking the thread should take you to the earliest unread post.
Old Jan 4, 18, 6:07 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by strickerj View Post

On mobile there isnít that distinction - just clicking the thread should take you to the earliest unread post.
I'm not sure that's what the functionality is...
florens likes this.
Old Jan 4, 18, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
I'm not sure that's what the functionality is...
Oh, well thatís how itís akways worked for me, so I assumed that was by design.
Old Jan 5, 18, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Oh, well thatís how itís akways worked for me, so I assumed that was by design.

Me too, except for a few random threads.
Old Jan 7, 18, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Here is one that is going back to post 1.

AA thinks I'm a vegetarian???

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 7, 18 at 8:42 am Reason: Force link
Old Jan 10, 18, 12:11 am

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
For the second issue, I think the problem is that it adds a line break when you start a reply, so itís scrolling to what it thinks is the end. Tapping just below the text and then deleting the extra line fixes it for me.
Thank you for this solution! This trick worked for me.
strickerj and ijgordon like this.
Old Jan 10, 18, 7:17 am

My Flyertalk seems to have changed overnight, and now all threads that I click on from my subscriptions go straight to post 1. (And obviously, being subscriptions, theyíre threads Iíve at least partially read already.)
Old Jan 10, 18, 7:28 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
My Flyertalk seems to have changed overnight, and now all threads that I click on from my subscriptions go straight to post 1. (And obviously, being subscriptions, theyíre threads Iíve at least partially read already.)
same with me I'm having the same issues in the past I would just press on my Flyertalk it would show how many subscriptions I had that were unread. I then click on the subscribed tab and in bold the unread threads would appear to the last unread. With the new update I'm not seeing the same but my Flyertalk button doesn't work and when you go to subscriptions as you mentioned you go to the first post not the last unread
Old Jan 10, 18, 7:37 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post

same with me I'm having the same issues in the past I would just press on my Flyertalk it would show how many subscriptions I had that were unread. I then click on the subscribed tab and in bold the unread threads would appear to the last unread. With the new update I'm not seeing the same but my Flyertalk button doesn't work and when you go to subscriptions as you mentioned you go to the first post not the last unread
update I'm using an iPhone as well

Search this Thread