FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Threads that always go back to post 1 on iPhone (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1885499-threads-always-go-back-post-1-iphone.html)

Head Dec 31, 2017 3:15 pm

Threads that always go back to post 1 on iPhone

I'm having issues with a few threads (in AA forum if it matters) where a thread that I have read always goes back to post 1 when I try to read new replies. It doesn't happen on most, but it seems to be happing more and more.

Using IOS on iPhone if that matters.

Since I'm posting I figure I might as well say that I always have issues typing a reply on my phone. The text box to type always scrolls up and hides the line I am currently typing. I can get around this sometimes by scrolling the entire page down a little but it doesn't always seem to work. Any ideas?

strickerj Jan 1, 2018 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Head (Post 29234263)
I'm having issues with a few threads (in AA forum if it matters) where a thread that I have read always goes back to post 1 when I try to read new replies. It doesn't happen on most, but it seems to be happing more and more.

Since I'm posting I figure I might as well say that I always have issues typing a reply on my phone. The text box to type always scrolls up and hides the line I am currently typing. I can get around this sometimes by scrolling the entire page down a little but it doesn't always seem to work. Any ideas?

Subscribing as I’ve also noticed this (also iPhone running mobile Safari).

For the second issue, I think the problem is that it adds a line break when you start a reply, so it’s scrolling to what it thinks is the end. Tapping just below the text and then deleting the extra line fixes it for me.

florens Jan 2, 2018 1:25 pm

I had reported the hidden cursor/hidden line before and thought I'd post it again as no fix has been provided yet.

I guess you mean this?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...g-reports.html

IBobi Jan 2, 2018 5:44 pm

Can you link to a thread where it's happening?
Also, what method/button are you using to get to the latest posts?

Head Jan 4, 2018 4:37 pm

I probably should have said it always goes to post 1. Sometimes they do that. But the particular thread I was talking about when I posted this (and incorrectly said post 1) is below. This one always opens to post 16. Actually it's a pretty funny post though...

To open, I just click on the thread title. Most of the time this takes me to the first unread post. A small amount of times it takes me to post one and sometimes it takes me to a random post.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...cketing-2.html

IBobi Jan 4, 2018 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Head (Post 29251206)
I probably should have said it always goes to post 1. Sometimes they do that. But the particular thread I was talking about when I posted this (and incorrectly said post 1) is below. This one always opens to post 16. Actually it's a pretty funny post though...

To open, I just click on the thread title. Most of the time this takes me to the first unread post. A small amount of times it takes me to post one and sometimes it takes me to a random post.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...cketing-2.html

It might just be where you're clicking?

If you click the thread link, it should go to 1. If you click the little arrow (which is GO TO FIRST UNREAD) it will go to the last read post.

strickerj Jan 4, 2018 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 29251282)
It might just be where you're clicking?

If you click the thread link, it should go to 1. If you click the little arrow (which is GO TO FIRST UNREAD) it will go to the last read post.

On mobile there isn’t that distinction - just clicking the thread should take you to the earliest unread post.

IBobi Jan 4, 2018 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by strickerj (Post 29251416)

On mobile there isn’t that distinction - just clicking the thread should take you to the earliest unread post.

I'm not sure that's what the functionality is...

strickerj Jan 4, 2018 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 29251473)
I'm not sure that's what the functionality is...

Oh, well that’s how it’s akways worked for me, so I assumed that was by design. :)

Head Jan 5, 2018 6:50 am

Originally Posted by strickerj (Post 29251694)

Oh, well that’s how it’s akways worked for me, so I assumed that was by design. :)

Me too, except for a few random threads.

Head Jan 7, 2018 8:28 am

Here is one that is going back to post 1.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...egetarian.html

Whowouldanewman Jan 10, 2018 12:11 am

Originally Posted by strickerj (Post 29237000)
For the second issue, I think the problem is that it adds a line break when you start a reply, so it’s scrolling to what it thinks is the end. Tapping just below the text and then deleting the extra line fixes it for me.

Thank you for this solution! This trick worked for me.

strickerj Jan 10, 2018 7:17 am

My Flyertalk seems to have changed overnight, and now all threads that I click on from my subscriptions go straight to post 1. (And obviously, being subscriptions, they’re threads I’ve at least partially read already.)

Flying Machine Jan 10, 2018 7:28 am

Originally Posted by strickerj (Post 29274142)
My Flyertalk seems to have changed overnight, and now all threads that I click on from my subscriptions go straight to post 1. (And obviously, being subscriptions, they’re threads I’ve at least partially read already.)

same with me I'm having the same issues in the past I would just press on my Flyertalk it would show how many subscriptions I had that were unread. I then click on the subscribed tab and in bold the unread threads would appear to the last unread. With the new update I'm not seeing the same but my Flyertalk button doesn't work and when you go to subscriptions as you mentioned you go to the first post not the last unread

Flying Machine Jan 10, 2018 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 29274180)

same with me I'm having the same issues in the past I would just press on my Flyertalk it would show how many subscriptions I had that were unread. I then click on the subscribed tab and in bold the unread threads would appear to the last unread. With the new update I'm not seeing the same but my Flyertalk button doesn't work and when you go to subscriptions as you mentioned you go to the first post not the last unread

update I'm using an iPhone as well