1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
How many of the 600,000+ FTers do you think know about CSS, much less how to disable scripts etc, just to get an IBB to function properly. The onus should be on the IBB to provide a smooth, functional BB that will enhance/complement the content - not create an 'enhanced' version that is a piece of pooey that's causing people to post less , consider looking at other BBs or just subscribing to the various bloggers & leaving FT behind.
A good question, Sharon. ^ I don't know what CSS means, but I do recognize pooey.
Silver Fox likes this.

Last edited by Fredd; Nov 20, 2017 at 10:34 am
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:07 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Numbered lists are only showing the rightmost digit.
  1. test
  2. tests
  3. testing
  4. tested
  5. tester
  6. dgfdsg
  7. dgdsagds
  8. dsfgdf
  9. dfdaf
  10. dfdsf
  11. dfads
  12. dfdf
Edit: Formatting is definitely off

Last edited by IBJoel; Nov 20, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:10 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Well, let's see:

- When I try to scroll fast up to the top of the page on a laptop (for instance to read a wiki) the scroll position returns me to where I originally was. Dear website, I KNOW WHERE I WANT TO GO WHEN I SCROLL A DOCUMENT AND YOU DON'T. KINDLY DON'T TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD BE DOING WHEN I SCROLL A WEB PAGE. YES I AM SHOUTING.

- The ads jumping into the middle of text when you resize the page on a mobile device (yes, I am using the desktop site on a mobile device, again, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO) are a nice touch. I do so love having an ad jump into the middle of text I am reading. Oh, FlyerTalk, about me turning ads off on desktop, how about THERE WILL BE ICE RINKS IN THE NINTH CIRCLE OF HELL BEFORE I DO THAT GIVEN ALL THE "YOU HAVE WON A THOUSAND DOLLAR WALMART GIFT CARD" BROWSER HIJACKS YOU HAVE. YOUR ADVERTISER QUALITY BLOWS GOATS BECAUSE YOU ARE ALLOWING ADVERTISERS WHO HIJACK BROWSERS. PICK BETTER ADVERTISERS.

Ahem. Yeah, I'm shouty about this.
Two questions: Do you still have Infinite Scroll enabled? Does it jump you back to a video ad?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IBJoel
  1. test
  2. tests
  3. testing
  4. tested
  5. tester
Edit: I may not understand the problem. Seems good.
Have you tried up to 10? Where the right-most digit is 0. At least that's what I think the poster was saying.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:26 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
4) When I try to highlight sometime in the text box, my screen jumps to the bottom of the page. So I can highlight and edit text, I have to delete and re-write.
Originally Posted by allset2travel
+1.
I share all OP's comments. New update frustrates me in too many ways to list here! Clean it up please. Make sure it is ready for prime time before you throw it out there for us to help debug!
Is the jumping on mobile or desktop? Infinite Scroll or regular? You're editing in the Quick Reply or highlighting a post? I'm confused by "I can highlight and edit text, I have to delete and re-write."
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:28 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by OttawaMark
I've stopped using mobile because on my iphone the pages jump about within a thread and I can't figure out where I am. So my use is curtailed for sure.
Are you in the Mobile Skin and Infinite Scroll or the regular desktop skin?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:30 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Fredd
IIRC prior to November 15 I could click on "My FlyerTalk" at the bottom of the page. Now I either have to scroll back up to the top, or else manipulate the "Forum Jump" up to the very top.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but I miss being able simply to click on "My FlyerTalk" at the bottom after reading a post.
I will ask to get this link reinstated!
Fredd and T8191 like this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:34 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Are you in the Mobile Skin and Infinite Scroll or the regular desktop skin?
I have this problem in mobile skin.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:36 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Am I the only one still having this issue?
My apologies, we were out of the office over the weekend. Have you cleared your cache for FT? I'm unable to replicate this issue, but am still trying.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:38 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Cannot see the Wikis.

Any fix coming?
Wikis have a different format, but I haven't run across any not showing up. Could you link me to the one(s) giving you trouble?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:45 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by 747FC
When reading FT on my Ipad, my finger-swipe attempt to increase size of the page causes the vertical advertisement on the right to move into the reading pane. Not only very annoying, but does not allow the verbiage to be read.
Reported!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by Fredd
IIRC prior to November 15 I could click on "My FlyerTalk" at the bottom of the page. Now I either have to scroll back up to the top, or else manipulate the "Forum Jump" up to the very top.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but I miss being able simply to click on "My FlyerTalk" at the bottom after reading a post.
I will ask to get this link reinstated!
Reinstatement of this link, as well as little yellow "My Flyertalk" icon, top and bottom of page, would be much appreciated!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I haven't noticed this before, but when editing a post and clicking the IMG button, there is new behavior and it doesn't work. Is it supposed to work?

At least with the basic editor I can still use the [IMG] command.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The alignment of these columns is wonderful. Is this a bug or a design feature? (Windows 7, Chrome 61)

Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
really really annoying to find now on iphone safari browsing all the ads jump on everywhere making browsing or writing impossible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.