1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:35 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by nmh1204
Is there any way to turn off the frigging infinite scroll when NOT logged in and have it saved? It's only turned off when logged in, but I only log in to post, I do most of my reading logged out.
You cannot, but you can go here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
And activate "Invisibility Mode" to not appear logged in to other users.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Looks like table widths have been adjusted in an attempt to be more reasonably accurate for the info contained in each cell, but now the Last Post column is too narrow, and any "Yesterday xx:xx pm" posts wrap to a new (unneeded) line.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
You cannot, but you can go here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
And activate "Invisibility Mode" to not appear logged in to other users.
That sucks. I'm probably not the only one that reads without being signed in. I don't want to sign in, it's not remaining invisible, I just don't always have something to say on threads so don't always sign in. Please think about giving us that option. Before, when you were not signed in, the only things you couldn't do were reply and quote, you could still use the forum the same way apart from omni.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Looks like table widths have been adjusted in an attempt to be more reasonably accurate for the info contained in each cell, but now the Last Post column is too narrow, and any "Yesterday xx:xx pm" posts wrap to a new (unneeded) line.
Yep, quite a few are wrapping to a new line at either the "by" part before the user's name or the arrow after it. There is a lot of that type of formatting stuff across the forums. Guess there is only so much room that can be allotted to actual content when you have to plaster the entire page with ads, which I have gone back to blocking anyway.

Why does the forum need an entire column dedicated to New Thread post icons? The vast majority of threads started on FT don't have any icons at all, it is dead space that could otherwise be used to accommodate some of these other formatting issues. Just a thought.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:39 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
Yep, quite a few are wrapping to a new line at either the "by" part before the user's name or the arrow after it. There is a lot of that type of formatting stuff across the forums.
Can you link to a place where this is happening? It's not happening for me as far as I can see:

Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by IBobi
Can you link to a place where this is happening? It's not happening for me as far as I can see:

Let's see if this photo works, the attachment uploader was struggling with it. The top threads are the biggest offenders but there are a few others here and there throughout the boards. This is on 110% zoom, but even at 100% zoom it is still happening, just slightly less. Unfortunately, FT is completely unreadable at 100% zoom on any high resolution computer monitor because the font is so small.

Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Is it just me, or is the little arrow sign that once allowed you to jump to the first unread post in a thread no longer working? For the last day or two, every time I have hit that to look at a thread I’m subscribed to, I just get dumped onto the top of the last page of the thread, not the first unread post.

Also I am now noticing that when I hit the down arrow key or return key while typing in this text box, rather than having my cursor just skip to the next line down, the whole page resets and I end up at the very bottom of it (and have to scroll back up to see the text box again).

Sigh. I really have no idea what was so wrong with the previous look of the site. It worked, it looked OK, people were used to it, and I certainly didn’t hear any complaints about it. The new one is ugly, clunky, and full of bugs. So...why?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:55 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by travelmad478
Is it just me, or is the little arrow sign that once allowed you to jump to the first unread post in a thread no longer working? For the last day or two, every time I have hit that to look at a thread I’m subscribed to, I just get dumped onto the top of the last page of the thread, not the first unread post.
I have been inexplicably experiencing that anomaly only in certain discussions — such as this one, for example — but that has been occurring for me long before the upgrade.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!

Column width (Last Post) clearly being fine-tuned, but not quite there yet ... and "Manage Attachments" took over 30 seconds to load the page for functionality arrived. My Download speed is 69mbps, before you ask (Mac/Safari).

EDIT = Another attempted upload took nearly 5 minutes for the Manage attachments page to load.
RumPatrol likes this.

Last edited by T8191; Nov 22, 2017 at 7:57 am Reason: as stated
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by 747FC
When reading FT on my Ipad, my finger-swipe attempt to increase size of the page causes the vertical advertisement on the right to move into the reading pane. Not only very annoying, but does not allow the verbiage to be read.
Same issue here. Outward pinch to zoom causes the vertical ad on the right ti land smack in the centre page. I can't see what ai was trying to enlarge beacuse of the stupid ad.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet

Perhaps somewhere in this morass of a thread it may have been reported, but when I post a reply I can see it appended to the thread, but the reply box and all the text in it sits there as though I have not posted.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I have been inexplicably experiencing that anomaly only in certain discussions — such as this one, for example — but that has been occurring for me long before the upgrade.
Yes, I've had it on random threads before, but it seems like all of them now, at least when I'm using Safari on the iPad. The desktop version (Firefox) seems to work.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:25 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Site sucks and is so slow.....unexpected error and reloads using Safari.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by travelmad478
Is it just me, or is the little arrow sign that once allowed you to jump to the first unread post in a thread no longer working? For the last day or two, every time I have hit that to look at a thread Im subscribed to, I just get dumped onto the top of the last page of the thread, not the first unread post.

Also I am now noticing that when I hit the down arrow key or return key while typing in this text box, rather than having my cursor just skip to the next line down, the whole page resets and I end up at the very bottom of it (and have to scroll back up to see the text box again).

Sigh. I really have no idea what was so wrong with the previous look of the site. It worked, it looked OK, people were used to it, and I certainly didnt hear any complaints about it. The new one is ugly, clunky, and full of bugs. So...why?
I also have this problem but was advised by IB that either 1) this is as designed or 2) they could not reproduce this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Noticed that the insert image by URL option now copies the image local to IB servers and serves it from there. Seems like a potential copyright issue there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.