Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FT Expert Hotel Reviews Issues

Please report your Expert Hotel Review issues here.

FAQ: Why did FlyerTalk add them"Expert Hotel Review" feature?

The (FlyerTalk) website has rolled out a new hotel guide in which its members rate and review hotels from around the world. FlyerTalk “soft-launched” its Expert Hotel Reviews feature earlier this fall, but is now talking about the effort publicly for the first time.

What’s behind the effort to add hotel reviews? Tarr (Jeremy Tarr, FlyerTalk's editorial director) says such information has long been posted to FlyerTalk over the years, but it typically has come in users’ “trip reports” that have sprung out of the site's frequent-flier focused origins.

“FlyerTalk has a ton of information from a lot of expert travelers who have flown all over the world and stayed at shocking numbers of hotels,” Tarr says. “A lot of that information is often buried in the forums. We wanted to organize it into something that it is much more accessible to a broader audience.”

USA Today, 21 Nov 2016 - link

Print Wikipost

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2021, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Problem seems to have been solved

Old Mar 14, 2021, 10:45 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Problem seems to have been solved
I think not entirely fixed yet. On the right side of it, you should see how many reviews you have but you have no count based on your screen shot. The Accor badge has now showed up in my account as well, however on the right side it's blank, unlike for other hotel chains where I see a count. Accor is the only chain where I have a blank on the right side rather than review count. See example below:

Goldorak and IBJoel like this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 1:09 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Weird, I'll circle back with tech
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I’ve been having this problem forever, but didn’t think to ask here until now.

Is the hotel reviews section hosted on a different server or something? When following a link (from talkmail for example) that leads to the hotel reviews section, it takes forever to load. This behavior exists across browsers as well as on mobile both on wifi and cellular data.
tearex likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:46 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by diburning

Is the hotel reviews section hosted on a different server or something? When following a link (from talkmail for example) that leads to the hotel reviews section, it takes forever to load. This behavior exists across browsers as well as on mobile both on wifi and cellular data.
I don't know that it's on a different server, but I think due to the amount of media and assets on the page, it does take a bit longer, even for me at the office.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 3:34 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

Some of the reviews have a lot of pictures in high-resolution. Some of those reviews are close to 250-300 MB of data due to that. That might take a long time to load.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:24 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If the photos are the issue, is there any way to change it so that the site itself loads, so that I can read the text part of the review while the images load? Right now the entire site takes forever to load, and not just the photos.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 9:27 am
Administrator

If the photos are the issue, is there any way to change it so that the site itself loads, so that I can read the text part of the review while the images load? Right now the entire site takes forever to load, and not just the photos.
No, there's not really a way to make that distinction. The photos are part of the site.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4
I think not entirely fixed yet. On the right side of it, you should see how many reviews you have but you have no count based on your screen shot. The Accor badge has now showed up in my account as well, however on the right side it's blank, unlike for other hotel chains where I see a count. Accor is the only chain where I have a blank on the right side rather than review count.
It is now fixed for Accor reviews

escape4 and IBJoel like this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
It is now fixed for Accor reviews
Accor has been fixed for me as well, however strangely I lost the review count for all others except for Hyatt! In the past, the only one missing for me was Accor.

Old Apr 13, 2021, 8:33 am
Administrator

Ah geez, OK I'll check with tech
Old Apr 15, 2021, 3:32 pm
Administrator

@escape4 take a look now (might need to flush cache/cookies). Also please note that some "absorbed" brands will not have their own review counts.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
@escape4 take a look now (might need to flush cache/cookies). Also please note that some "absorbed" brands will not have their own review counts.
Fixed! All brands are now showing a count. Thank you!
IBJoel likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:33 am

I seem to be unable to upload pictures in hotel reviews anymore. I get an error message saying "There was an error during the upload: -Error while moving uploaded file to destination folder: check folder permissions on server side".

I tried from Safari, Chrome, I tried with VPN and without VPN, I tried various pictures, from various folders, and I restarted my computer and tried again, but always same message.

Can someone take a look at whether a new issue might have popped up in the last couple of days? I wrote a hotel review with pictures 4 days ago and did not have a problem then. As far as I know, nothing has changed with my computer so I am not sure what is causing the problem; perhaps it's on FT's side?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by escape4
I seem to be unable to upload pictures in hotel reviews anymore. I get an error message saying "There was an error during the upload: -Error while moving uploaded file to destination folder: check folder permissions on server side".
This problem remains - same issue every time I try. I guess until further notice I will post picture-less reviews, which I did for my last 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.