Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FT Expert Hotel Reviews Issues

Please report your Expert Hotel Review issues here.

FAQ: Why did FlyerTalk add them"Expert Hotel Review" feature?

The (FlyerTalk) website has rolled out a new hotel guide in which its members rate and review hotels from around the world. FlyerTalk “soft-launched” its Expert Hotel Reviews feature earlier this fall, but is now talking about the effort publicly for the first time.

What’s behind the effort to add hotel reviews? Tarr (Jeremy Tarr, FlyerTalk's editorial director) says such information has long been posted to FlyerTalk over the years, but it typically has come in users’ “trip reports” that have sprung out of the site's frequent-flier focused origins.

“FlyerTalk has a ton of information from a lot of expert travelers who have flown all over the world and stayed at shocking numbers of hotels,” Tarr says. “A lot of that information is often buried in the forums. We wanted to organize it into something that it is much more accessible to a broader audience.”

USA Today, 21 Nov 2016 - link

Print Wikipost

Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:56 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by mistytalon
Badges are granted, but trying to display them on the profile comes up with "failed to save"
Thank you, I'll report to tech

Also, The Cosmopolitan in Vegas is a Marriott property.
This part is part of why I hate the hotel review badge system. According to Wikipedia, "It is owned by The Blackstone Group, Stonepeak Partners, and Cherng Family Trust and operated by MGM Resorts International."

So I assume they have some kind of partnership with Marriott of points and licensing. And how am I supposed to know this? For every property? This is not a slight against you in any way, just venting some frustration.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:07 pm
Administrator

Badges are granted, but trying to display them on the profile comes up with "failed to save"

Could you please provide a screenshot of the error?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 4:38 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by IBJoel
This part is part of why I hate the hotel review badge system. According to Wikipedia, "It is owned by The Blackstone Group, Stonepeak Partners, and Cherng Family Trust and operated by MGM Resorts International."

So I assume they have some kind of partnership with Marriott of points and licensing. And how am I supposed to know this? For every property? This is not a slight against you in any way, just venting some frustration.
Interesting. On Marriott's website, the hotel is clearly an Autograph brand hotel. However on the hotel's own website, there is no mention at all of Autograph and/or Marriott, unless I missed it.

So I can see the justification for this rant...
IBJoel likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 10:55 am
Administrator

This should now be fixed
Old Mar 23, 2023, 7:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Gulbra
Any news on this? None of my first time reviewed properties have been added.
Originally Posted by escape4
Anyway it's been more than one year since hotels from reviews have not be added to the search database so I am not even sure it even matters anymore? Three months ago IBJoel mentioned in post #331 that he would instruct someone to take a look but as far as I know, nothing seems to have changed.
Nothing has changed yet. None of my reviews have been added. Did you have time to look into this problem IBJoel ?

Also, as echoed by other poster above, some previously reviewed hotels are not showing as listed when trying to do new reviews. My reviews have led to duplicates at this point.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:36 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gulbra
Nothing has changed yet. None of my reviews have been added. Did you have time to look into this problem IBJoel ?

Also, as echoed by other poster above, some previously reviewed hotels are not showing as listed when trying to do new reviews. My reviews have led to duplicates at this point.
Hi guys,

So IBMyke was assigned to do all of these. He didn't, obviously. Now there's a huge backlog and I can finally get around to them now (probably quick and dirty) that we have another person on the team (Myke is gone).

I will tell you guys that these are really not a priority up the chain. The reviews cause tech issues and have not been the moneymaker we hoped they'd be.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:23 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by IBJoel
So IBMyke was assigned to do all of these. He didn't, obviously. Now there's a huge backlog and I can finally get around to them now (probably quick and dirty) that we have another person on the team (Myke is gone).

I will tell you guys that these are really not a priority up the chain. The reviews cause tech issues and have not been the moneymaker we hoped they'd be.
You have put into words what has been quietly apparent for quite some time now: hotel reviews are not a priority on FT and will no longer be maintained or perhaps only the bare minimum which means the tech issues will not get any better ... it feels like an abandoned ship. It is what it is, I wish it had been more of a success.

It's been a good run, after positing a few hundred hotel reviews here in the last few years, I will now graciously exit. That shall help with the backlog
PJLukasik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.