Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All Disruptive Ads /Advertisement on FT (older posts)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I've found a massive improvement since blocking Flash. I believe Chrome are going to remove Flash support in the near future anyway so it's just giving a glimpse into the future. The animated GIF ads that appear instead cause no issues with machine slowdown/blocking content etc. - would definitely recommend taking this approach (TBH Flash seems to be such a major resource hog I'm finding battery life has gone up too!)
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by serpens
It's an annoyance of a different sort.

I was reading a thread, and scrolled to read earlier posts. Just before the Delta advertisement went off-screen, Firefox became unresponsive for several (10-15) seconds. This was consistent whether I scrolled (using a scroll ball) or jumped (using the scroll bar), and it occurred again when I closed the tab.

If you can figure out what the Delta ad is doing, please make it stop.
Just had it happen using Chrome. Scrolled down and it's definitely the Delta AMEX ad that's causing the issue.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

SAGE by HUGHES

Sorry, I forgot about the request for full screen image on only snapped the offending ad before closing the tab. I was using a MacBook with Firefox 46.0.1 in the US when the SAGE by HUGHES ad came on with talking.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I forgot about the request for full screen image on only snapped the offending ad before closing the tab. I was using a MacBook with Firefox 46.0.1 in the US when the SAGE by HUGHES ad came on with talking.
This
Every single thread I click on blasts me with the Sage ad...I can't X it out and even when I try to mute it, it starts up again. On my PC, Internet Explorer (I know). It will NOT shut up.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:33 am

Yes, this one! I'm getting it auto-playing on Every. Single. Thread. on my phone (iPhone 5, IOS 9.3.2, Safari).
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:01 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Holy heck, make that sage ad stop!
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Stop the Sage ads. PLEASE!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't even consider using their services now after this onslaught of near constant interruptions.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Yep, every single page that has sufficient replies, and you can't stop it in time. I'm staying off FT for the weekend and hopefully somebody fixes this.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 4:24 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
We have stopped the SAGE ads while the company fixes the creative
Old Jun 10, 2016, 5:05 pm

came here to post this
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by IBobi
We have stopped the SAGE ads while the company fixes the creative
I just got the SAGE ad. And it was so obtrusive, it prevented me from logging in. Every time I closed it, it popped back up so that I couldn't log in. I literally had to close out FT and come back to hopefully get a different ad that would let me log in.

Honestly, I'm for supporting the site with ads, but this is ridiculous. FT is becoming completely unusable without an .......er.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Buster
I just got the SAGE ad. And it was so obtrusive, it prevented me from logging in.
I just got it on this very thread. And the five I looked at before that.

Edited to add:
It reloaded itself randomly after I posted my comment. Yay.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Stop the Sage ads. PLEASE!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't even consider using their services now after this onslaught of near constant interruptions.
+1. This is REALLY p!ssing me off!
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Recently popups including the Sage one have become highly intrusive causing me to abandon logging in or reading the forums altogether.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At least you guys are not being prejudiced in the kind of sexual services you are promoting ! Russians, Chinese.....what is next, under aged minors ? Shame on you all for allowing this !

Name:  スクリーンショット 2016-06-26 17.30.40.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  490.9 KB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.