ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Thanks moa, I've reported them. Unfortunately, which ad networks we use and who to fine or fire are out of my hands.
Sure, understood. But it’s in someone’s. You could report up that the tech-level whackamole approach is proving ineffective in re this one issue, which is harming the site’s usability on mobile and almost certainly presenting a trading issue. I think they would want to know that, I certainly want them to be aware, and there’s no other reporting route for us punters!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
And I'm not sure whether being in Australia means there are less clean ads in rotation.

But this is currently happening on about 75% of page views.
10% would be annoying, but it's ridiculous

This is the only thread I'm bothering to view at the moment. Any other browsing will have to wait till I'm at a desktop
Old Aug 5, 2017, 2:28 pm

I'm in AU too and it seems to go through cycles. Yesterday was bad but today I've opened 2 pages in a row.

actually, now that I've typed it I realise just how low a bar I have set for myself...
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:02 pm

Today's set. Still not blocked

http://microsoft.com-m-nz-two6.gadget-giveaways-today.stream/slots.html?brand=yyy

http://google.com-2au-mid2.high-quality-gadgets.review/winip7en_and.html?isp=xxx
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:24 am

In Australia ... FT is pretty much unusable with non stop ad pop up 😡 ... both on iPhone and iPad
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Another voice from Australia - it was bad a few weeks ago, got better, but for the last week or so, it's nearly unusable from mobile. I can read a thread or two, but after that every single thread I try to open ends with one of these (mostly the second one).

Originally Posted by moa999
Links appear the same as those reported two days ago.

http://google.com-2au-mid2.high-quality-gadgets.review/winip7en_and.html?isp=aaaa&model=hhhh&zzz&voluumda ta=xxxx&siteid=157271&sitedomain=1501903350&page=y yyy&source=$bo_ck&pub=f5dae0273ef50d1921186410ce64 8a96
http://au_ocean.asia.gifttoday.club/...a=xxxx&domain=[DOMAIN]&ssp=AU&siteid=157271&publisherid=157271&refer=[HTTP_REFERRER]&campaign_id=AU2502&creative_id=2502&dsp=bidsopt&t imezone=-10&platform=linux%20armv8l&lang=en&mobile=0&batter yflag=false&batterylevel=0.97&errorCode=0#
I'm on an LG Android phone using the default web browser. Some of the ads reference the mobile network I'm using.
Originally Posted by boutela
Sure, understood. But it’s in someone’s. You could report up that the tech-level whackamole approach is proving ineffective in re this one issue, which is harming the site’s usability on mobile and almost certainly presenting a trading issue. I think they would want to know that, I certainly want them to be aware, and there’s no other reporting route for us punters!
As someone with technical background, I agree that simply blocking one ad at a time is not going to solve the problem.

I also agree that the mobile site is pretty much useless for me for now.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:43 pm

Very slightly improved today.
I got through 5 pages without problem, then twice in a row.
Same links as posted above.

Again I saw the AutoEurope ad flash up before diversion occurred
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Browsing FT from the USA on my iPad Pro 9.7" using Safari on iOS 10.3.3, and have seen the same hijack ad multiple times now. Infuriating.

Screen shot attached.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:05 pm

Angry

I've been getting these ridiculous ad redirects as well.

iPhone, Safari on iOS 10.3.3, browsing in Singapore. Happens mostly in the mobile version, it seems, but also occurs on the full version of the site on the iPhone.

This has been occurring on and off on a regular basis since late last year. Not sure what triggers, but they seem to come in waves, and recently getting worse; now it is occurring on every fourth page loaded or so.

I don't have an issue on my Windows computer, but trying to access this site on the go is getting to be very annoying.

I don't know what triggers them, but all of a sudden the browser goes through a number of redirects in quick succession before giving me a pop-up as shown in the first pic.

I am unable to do anything in Safari other than clicking the "OK" in the pop-up, so I instead close down Safari fully, and try to close / stop the browser tab from reloading once I open Safari up again and before it can load up the message again.

Below is one of the redirect addresses I was able to grab, but this is one in a very long chain of them (see attached pictures):
h ttp://mobilemonetize.me/r/3bb7f30c-7c70-11e7-a0eb-XXXXXXXXXXXX/1/

Hope you can figure out the ad network at fault here and get them to fix this.
Attached Images     

Last edited by crackjack; Aug 8, 2017 at 10:28 pm Reason: Picture attachments added
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keep getting redirected to: https://jonlyonsphotography.com/lp/?...ddf64#Congrats

Have to close out Safari on iPhone and restart multiple times. Very annoying.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:55 am

Again from AU.

Airliners.net seems to have solved its issues in the last 24hrs, at least for now.
​​​​​​
but still getting the verbal Congratulations adbon FlyerTalk.
Same site as reported a week ago
http://au_ocean.asia.gifttoday.club/iphone/vol.php?zzz
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
the site is impossible to use on the Safari browser my iphone today due to the above mentioned issues. i switched to Puffin browser and there's no problem at all. accessing from Sydney.

no problems using my home wifi on the same device, it only happens to me when im using mobile data. apologies if im repeating info already given here.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by moa999
but still getting the verbal Congratulations adbon FlyerTalk.
Same site as reported a week ago
http://au_ocean.asia.gifttoday.club/iphone/vol.php?zzz
I'm getting this too on Google Chrome mobile, and another android stock mobile browser, in the last week.

Is there any where for Flyertalk to prohibit these ads? They are borderline malicious, redirecting the page (not even a popup) to their website. I need to close the window and reload the whole page/site again, therefore very disruptive too.

Basically I can't use flyertalk on a mobile device.
Coathanger likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:01 am

As above, it's currently impossible to read Flyertalk on my iPhone in Sydney due to the Congratulations ad. Has been going on for weeks now.
Coathanger likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:07 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
For everyone in Oz receiving the "Congratulations" pop-up. Does it have the same URL as the screenshot above?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.