ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by IBJoel
For everyone in Oz receiving the "Congratulations" pop-up. Does it have the same URL as the screenshot above?
Just noticed you're asking about Australia only! Didn't catch that at first.

But no, they appear to be using multiple (probably hijacked) servers and multiple ad placements. As you can see in the screenshot I attached to post 558, mine was different.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
For everyone in Oz receiving the "Congratulations" pop-up. Does it have the same URL as the screenshot above?
Screenshot from about an hour ago
Attached Images  
Coathanger and IBJoel like this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:24 pm

After which it took me to

https://www.ismartphoneprizes-au.com/cgi-bin/wingame.pl?partner_pk=478&wingame_pk=64&freetest_p k=328&sub_id=5662-dN52CHFJ2OVPB8K7HDESMUDC&sub_id_postback=102db3973 ffe248bce70b75d12dabb
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Pop up advertisement using Chrome on iOS.

Not an isolated incident, with it appearing on almost every thread I am currently trying to view on my iPhone.
Attached Images  
IBJoel likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:58 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Thank you both for your responses. I have handed these over to tech with your relevant info.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Still getting the Congratulations ad here in AU on almost every page load. I haven't bothered reading FT due to this issue.

very slight change to the url links as reported over a week ago.
Anything with .club or .info should be banned

http://au_ocean.asia.gettoday.info/iphone/vol.php?

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 22, 2017 at 10:17 pm Reason: Force link
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:49 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
I have been informed by our ad ops team that clearing your cookies MAY limit redirects/ad hijacks.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:01 pm

I haven't had the problem for about 24 hours now. Fingers crossed
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Almost made it.

HTC 10, Chrome, on T-Mobile. The amount of ads displayed almost makes things unusable on mobile.

Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:09 am

I have been informed by our ad ops team that clearing your cookies MAY limit redirects/ad hijacks.
Doesnt help for me. Cookies on my mobile are cleared regularly.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:09 am

Just want to say that while I still think it's ridiculous that you remain with an ad service that serves up malicious ads and requires you to disallow each one as your users complain, I'm happy to report that I haven't had a hijack in over a month.

I hope I haven't just jinxed myself!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:05 pm

Still getting the most annoying Congratulations ad on almost every page here in AU

Same link as reported above

http://au_ocean.asia.gettoday.info/iphone/vol.php
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by moa999
Still getting the most annoying Congratulations ad on almost every page here in AU

Same link as reported above
I cleared my cookies and cache in iOS Chrome and it seems to have done the trick for the past few days.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Congratulations. Congratulations. Congratulations. FFS make it stop!
Coathanger likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:20 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Clear your cookies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.