ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More fake app/hijacking redirect ads.

Can’t this be prevented? Is the click revenue really worth all the hassle?

https://apps.pubnative.net/aff_c?aff...f_sub2=&aff_su
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Hi cubbie. This sounds like an ad hijack. Are you able to post a screenshot?
I will try to next time it happens.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by anrkitec
More fake app/hijacking redirect ads.

Can’t this be prevented? Is the click revenue really worth all the hassle?

https://apps.pubnative.net/aff_c?aff...f_sub2=&aff_su
Same here on Mobile Safari on iOS 11.1.1, every time I click anything - including when I clicked this thread, and again when I clicked to reply.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Also getting hijacked again. iPhone, Safari on iOS 10.1.1, USA. The old data:text/HTML;base64 fake "Open in App Store" page.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Got one this evening. iPhone 7, 11.1.1 on Safari.

The redirect was to satisfaction-survey.today, not sure what the originating ad was. Plan B is to stop whitelisting FlyerTalk.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Constant disruption

Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, the redesign certainly didn’t solve the fake app/infected/coupon hijack ads.

https://www.facebook.com-walmart.com/Gift-Card?eid=pm_pulsepoint&pid=flyertalk.com
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:28 am
Suspended

Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: US, HH
Just about every thread I open today results in a "Congratulations!" pop-up, mostly for Walmart. IPad 10.35.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:54 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I can no longer use the mobile version at all since every time I view a thread I get redirected to a malicious ad as shown:
Attached Images   
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP

In addition to causing my 2017 12.9” iPad Pro to stutter and lag when scrolling, there are two things here that are completely unacceptable. That right sidebar is way too big, making the content to ad ratio far too low. Need I mention the second?

I'll be using an ad blocker.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is getting old.

http://www.googla.com-choose-a-gift-from-amazon7Cs3=flyertalk.com%7Cs4=560606.86734675f4%7C ;772979_0445;http://www.googla.com-choose-a-gift-from-amazon-apple-samsung.verygoodads.com
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All these fake amazon.com and forced redirects are preventing me from getting into any of the forums.

This was my fifth attempt even to post here.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by anrkitec
All these fake amazon.com and forced redirects are preventing me from getting into any of the forums.

This was my fifth attempt even to post here.
The problem is not going to go away. Clearly the ad revenue outweighs running a site that is safe, or even possible, for people to use.
You can only fix this yourself.
fransknorge and swingaling like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.