Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slowly coming back to life

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2003, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dan at WebFlyer:

We had some file problems that required us to revert to backups, which unfortunately messed up a lot of people's accounts. It seemed that only the threads that were being posted to during the corruption suffered the most. Although there was a little fallout on some other threads, it seemed pretty contained, all things considered.

</font>
Thanks for the accurate info as always Dan.

I am curious though that if my post count went from just over 14,000 to just over 8,000 last week ..... does that indicate that many more than 6000 threads were lost?

As I post in only a moderate band of diferent Fora, one assumes there were a heck of a lot of other threads vanished too that had no posts of mine in there, so presumably the lost threads tally on FT must run way into 5 figures? That is one heck of a large number it seems.

Old May 14, 2003, 12:28 pm
dan at WebFlyer

I don't think the threads were lost (other than the ones posted to during Sunday's corruption), rather the member files (which contain your post count) were partially erased.

Old May 19, 2003, 5:26 am

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
So will our post counts be restored?

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

------------------
There are days when it takes all you've got just to keep up with the losers.

Robert Orben.
Old May 19, 2003, 11:23 am
dan at WebFlyer

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoodKarmaGuy:
So will our post counts be restored?

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

</font>
We can restore them on an individual needs basis. Just let us know if your count has been changed, and we'll match you up with the list of corrupted user files we had to restore, then try and find a count on all the posts you've made.

email: [email protected]

I'll look yours up...

Old May 20, 2003, 5:04 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Thanks Dan!
Old May 21, 2003, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BlondeBomber:

Thanks Dan!</font>
What Blondebomber said. With chocolate sprinkles on top.

Old May 21, 2003, 1:01 am

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Thank you Dan!

(Wow! Customer service techies that actually believe in customer service! I LOVE FLYER TALK!)

p.s Ummm... I'm still missing @100 posts?
------------------

Robert Orben.

[This message has been edited by GoodKarmaGuy (edited 05-21-2003).]
Old May 23, 2003, 12:43 am

&lt;----------------

Even better!

Thank you!

------------------

Robert Orben.
Old May 23, 2003, 12:53 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Thank you Dan!
Old May 25, 2003, 9:49 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA AA-EXP 1MM, HH-Diamond, SPG-Platinum, Hertz-President's Circle
My post count got whacked as well. I believe it was in the 40-60 range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.