Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FT iOS app 1.4 discussion and feedback

NOTE: The app is not supported nor available through the App Store. The app will no longer work at all since the 28 March 2016 revisions to FlyerTalk.

FT iOS app (v. 1.4 is the most recent) is not currently available, nor is it supported. See IBobi's post, duplicated here:

Originally Posted by IBobi
It's not fixable. It's a core software functionality and can't be addressed at this time. We know what's causing it, and it would require a huge development effort for something that is essentially a minor, periodic annoyance. We'd much rather spend that time developing the new site features we're working on instead.

As to the App crashes, we are no longer supporting the app in its current form and have recommended using the full site on a mobile browser such as Safari or Chrome for the time being.

Thank you for your understanding.
Originally Posted by IBobi
Closing thread -- app is no longer functioning, and has not been available on app store for years nor supported by tech team.

Please use either the mobile skin or the full site on your mobile browser until such time as a new app is available. Thank you!
(This wikipost is locked and may be edited by moderators.)

Wikipost instructions: wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

FT iOS app v 1.4 [unavailable, unsupported, doesn't work post Mar 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 3:09 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by chicagorich
Hey--is the FT app working again? I was able to open it on my iPhone and see the forum listing. I didn't see this forum or Omni, might be others missing. Haven't tried posting yet..
It opens now, but it won't let you see any forum threads - just gives a blank screen.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by rxfleming
It opens now, but it won't let you see any forum threads - just gives a blank screen.
kind of like the blank stare we are getting from FT regarding this (in Donald Trumps words) DISASTER of an upgrade
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: United Gold
I guess I can live with the mobile site, but which link do I use to mimic the function of the home button in the app? It would have posts In active threads..

Last edited by hscottm; Apr 7, 2016 at 4:50 pm
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
The situation with a non-working app is absolutely idiotic. Well done, whoever in FT leadership is responsible for the app (or lack of it). For the past two weeks I posted exactly one post and viewed the forum on the laptop only a handful of times which is a very small fraction of what I normally would do. I do not understand how hard it would be to have the very same app as the SkyscraperCity forum has. Both forum websites look almost identical except that the SC website and SC app never crash while FT seems to be infested with bugs.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Sad that the app is gone reduced my Flyertalk use by 80%. Is their any other app that cover points and mile topics?? <redacted>
Thanks

Last edited by mike2200; Apr 11, 2016 at 1:55 pm Reason: Inappropriate request for tech support
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:40 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Closing thread -- app is no longer functioning, and has not been available on app store for years nor supported by tech team.

Please use either the mobile skin or the full site on your mobile browser until such time as a new app is available. Thank you!
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
What happened to the FT iPhone app?

Has Flyertalk abandoned the app? It's no longer availed on the App Store and I can't log in anymore.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
It was always "not supported" and after FT upgraded something a few month back it ceased to work
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...ar-2016-a.html

As noted, it still worked until the minor "up"grade of the board's software that took place in March.

MANY are wishing it would return or that admin would do whatever it takes to turn things back on for the many of us who still have the app on our phone and keep hoping it might mysteriously start working again.

You might consider adding your vote here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...any-apply.html
although you'll have to note it in a post, since for some reason an app isn't listed on the pick list
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by cblaisd
You might consider adding your vote here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...any-apply.html
although you'll have to note it in a post, since for some reason an app isn't listed on the pick list
Unfortunately, the thread was closed three days ago.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Do we have Flyertalk App on Apple store?

Do we have Flyer Talk App on Apple store ?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Please follow the redirect as we assign your post a new home.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:36 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
No.

Please see:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...?highlight=app

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Technical Support forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.