FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   FT iOS app v 1.4 [unavailable, unsupported, doesn't work post Mar 2016] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1484130-ft-ios-app-v-1-4-unavailable-unsupported-doesnt-work-post-mar-2016-a.html)

Sam I Am May 12, 2013 9:42 pm

FT iOS app v 1.4 [unavailable, unsupported, doesn't work post Mar 2016]

+1 for use of iPhone 5 screen size..

travelwithross Jul 10, 2013 2:19 pm

New Apple App 1.4

Did you even test the new 1.4 app for flyertalk forum?

There is now a huge space between every post in a thread. Go on. Check for yourself.

And there are overlapping issues between posts where they merge and become unreadable.

Hope you fix these issues.

The new icons and transparency of the font / smiley icon are improvements. As well as being able to properly start a new thread in a forum :)

jackal Jul 10, 2013 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by rxfleming (Post 21074549)

There is now a huge space between every post in a thread. Go on. Check for yourself.

And there are overlapping issues between posts where they merge and become unreadable.

The new icons and transparency of the font / smiley icon are improvements. As well as being able to properly start a new thread in a forum :)

Just came by to post something similar.

Still haven't addressed pretty much any of the major complaints about the iPhone app that have been discussed before. :rolleyes:

IBobi Jul 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by rxfleming (Post 21074549)

I see the extra space issue happening -- it only appears to happen when someone is quoted in the post -- that generates a big space at the end of the post, before the next one starts. Are you seeing the space in other instances?

Can you link a thread where the overlap is happening, because I'm not seeing that.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by jackal (Post 21074585)
Just came by to post something similar.

Still haven't addressed pretty much any of the major complaints about the iPhone app that have been discussed before. :rolleyes:

Subforums are now defaulting to OPEN, which was a major complaint that has been addressed.

travelwithross Jul 10, 2013 2:47 pm

New Apple App 1.4

Happening on this

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1483501-a380-lax-lhr.html

travelwithross Jul 10, 2013 2:47 pm

New Apple App 1.4

And only seeing space on quote posts like you said.

IBobi Jul 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Thank you rx -- reporting this for fix!

;)

hydrogen Jul 10, 2013 3:10 pm

New Apple App 1.4

Getting better, but not an A+ app yet.

Muerz Jul 10, 2013 3:10 pm

New Apple App 1.4

Mine is now in french instead of english. Any way to change the app-language?

goalie Jul 10, 2013 3:55 pm

The "first unread" option does not bring one (or at least me) the the first unread post as it does on the desktop site and in some cases, it's two or 3 pages behind where it should be from the first unread post

IBobi Jul 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Muerz (Post 21074889)
Mine is now in french instead of english. Any way to change the app-language?

Did that just happen? Is it happening in the forum too?

Any of your other apps doing this as well?

hydrogen Jul 10, 2013 7:13 pm

New Apple App 1.4

This big gap is annoying. Any ETA on a fix, or will we waiting until the next version?

IBobi Jul 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by hydrogen (Post 21076085)
This big gap is annoying. Any ETA on a fix, or will we waiting until the next version?

Since that is clearly a bug that appeared in this new version today, I would expect they will address it as part of the roll-out process rather than waiting for a whole new build.

goalie Jul 10, 2013 7:56 pm

Very pleasantly surprised to see that I can now actually read announcement posts on my iPhone ^ but.....

There are currently two site wide announcements-1 is a poll/survey and the other is about frequent business traveling and I opened up the poll/survey post and I was able to take the poll/survey but when I open the other announcement (frequent business traveling), it opens up the same survey announcement post :confused:

IBobi Jul 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 21076243)
Very pleasantly surprised to see that I can now actually read announcement posts on my iPhone ^ but.....

There are currently two site wide announcements-1 is a poll/survey and the other is about frequent business traveling and I opened up the poll/survey post and I was able to take the poll/survey but when I open the other announcement (frequent business traveling), it opens up the same survey announcement post :confused:

Possibly it hadn't been tested with more than 1 announcement running on teh same page. I'll have them look at it. Thank you