2012 FlyerTalk Awards voting issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 FlyerTalk Awards voting issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:09 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
been using both chrome and ie and tried voting for the Asia/Pacific region and get database errors on any try.

both at home and at work (home chrome and ie at work)
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:20 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Please try again and take a screenshot of your error; it may have something to do with your odd username/punctuation.

thank you

[email protected]
Old Jan 27, 2012, 2:47 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
still same error

screencapture

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaell116/6772778163/
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by `X'
Thanks for the sceeenshot! Always a great idea when you report a tech issue.

I've been following up with tech on this, and we're pretty sure it has to do with the punctuation in your username; I'm guessing that if you wanted to change it, you could vote just fine.

Of course, ideally we'd fix the glitch and not make you work around it, but JUST in case we can't make that change before voting closes (2/17), just know it's an option.

I'll keep you posted,

Paul
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:57 am
Administrator

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by `X'
been using both chrome and ie and tried voting for the Asia/Pacific region and get database errors on any try.

both at home and at work (home chrome and ie at work)
This issue should now be resolved, please let us know if you are able to submit your vote. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: aeroplan, cathay pacific, asia miles, Northwest Orient, Delta, AmericanAirlines, Quantas, TGROP, Eva
voting for car rentals

Hi - didn't vote for this one because you didn't have Enterprize which really surprized me as it certainly is all over NOrth america and its $9.99 per day per weekend has been great - They do not give rewards but you can use your reward credit cards and no other one has the great weekend prices. I rent from there all the time. They are great
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by xiamendoll
Hi - didn't vote for this one because you didn't have Enterprize which really surprized me as it certainly is all over NOrth america and its $9.99 per day per weekend has been great - They do not give rewards but you can use your reward credit cards and no other one has the great weekend prices. I rent from there all the time. They are great
I'm not an official spokesman on this issue, but AFAIK, the FlyerTalk awards are not about the overall perception of a company but rather about the specifically named component of the featured rewards programs.

And given that Enterprise has no (real) rewards program, they have no component of that rewards program to be nominated, which makes them ineligible to be featured for a vote.

You'd better write Enterprise and tell them to upgrade Enterprise Plus to a real rewards program.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:32 am

I successfully voted for two ssections but can not get switched to "outstanding benefits" What am I missing?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:35 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by maryflyer
I successfully voted for two ssections but can not get switched to "outstanding benefits" What am I missing?
It's located at the URL below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/vbvoting.php?vid=4
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 2P
[strikeout]why isn't Enterprise on the car rental list (or did I miss it?)[/strikeout]

never mind.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:02 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Tried to vote but some error message after submitting !
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:03 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Tried to vote but some error message after submitting !
Do you remember what the error message was or can you please check? We'll try to fix it asap.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IBobi
This thread is to report issues with using the electronic ballot or other technical irregularities with the voting process for the 2012 FlyerTalk Awards.

http://www.flyertalk.com/awards/

Paul
I attempted to vote by clicking the link in the email.

Says I already voted in the US region - I haven't.

And why isn't United or Continental shown as an airline choice in the Asia/Pacific/Oceana section?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimmc66
I attempted to vote by clicking the link in the email.

Says I already voted in the US region - I haven't.
We do have votes recorded for you in the US region. You may still vote for Best Program in the other two regions, as well as Outstanding Benefit in all three regions.

Originally Posted by jimmc66
And why isn't United or Continental shown as an airline choice in the Asia/Pacific/Oceana section?
Airline programs are nominated in the region in which they originate. Hotel and rental car programs are nominated in the regions in which they maintain outlets.

Last edited by IBobi; Feb 7, 2012 at 4:17 pm
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA SILVER
There appears to be a bug in that AFTER submitting America, and then trying to enter Europe, every time I switch between the programs and the benefits screen it erases my entries in the other screen. Maybe it's necessary to start with Asia and work backwards through the regions??? (e.g. First Asia, then Europe, then Americas???)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.